DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Has anyone here switched from the Mavic 3 classic to the Air 3?

BobbyLashley

Reactions
If so what were you reasons for doing so? And do you have any regrets in making the switch?

I just bought the mavic 3 classic with the screen remote on a good deal from best Buy. But now the air 3 is on a 20% sale at Best Buy. And I haven't opened the mavic 3 classic yet. But I'm tempted to swap it out for the air 3 just because it's roughly $300 cheaper. Which is a good savings.

I like the larger sensor on the mavic 3 classic and the 20 megapixel sensor for photos
But the air 3 is newer, faster, battery runtime is the same, has Ocusync 4.0, extra batteries are substantially cheaper. And the biggest factor is that it it would be $300 cheaper.

Last edited:
IMO the only advantage the Air 3 has over the Mavic 3 Classic is the dual camera. Otherwise both aircraft are excellent with almost identical capabilities. I have Ocusync 4 on my Mini 4 Pro and I have not found it to be any better than my Mavic 3 Classic. Both have excellent quality and range. Yes the cost difference is a factor to consider.

Both are good in their way.

If you want a real upgrade you may need to wait for air 3s and mavic 4

But then again its dji so real upgrades is a relative term

IMO the only advantage the Air 3 has over the Mavic 3 Classic is the dual camera. Otherwise both aircraft are excellent with almost identical capabilities. I have Ocusync 4 on my Mini 4 Pro and I have not found it to be any better than my Mavic 3 Classic. Both have excellent quality and range. Yes the cost difference is a factor to consider.

You're right, the dual camera system on the Air 3 is really the only big benefit. But faster take off speed is a nice advantage too over the Mavic 3 classic. Right now I'm leaning towards just opening my Mavic 3 classic.

Best Buy nails you for 15% restocking fee once you open drone packages. So even if I tried the Mavic 3 classic and wanted to exchange it for the Air 3, I get hit with a 15% restocking fee. So want to avoid that if I can

Both are good in their way.

If you want a real upgrade you may need to wait for air 3s and mavic 4

But then again its dji so real upgrades is a relative term

I saw this yesterday. Sounds like Air 3S is coming and is a big upgrade over Air 3. Maybe that's why we are seeing such a big sale on the current Air 3.

I think the phrase “game-changing” as referenced in the YouTube video is overused. Hype hype hype.

I am hoping that a new Air is in the works soon though.

If so what were you reasons for doing so? And do you have any regrets in making the switch?

I just bought the mavic 3 classic with the screen remote on a good deal from best Buy. But now the air 3 is on a 20% sale at Best Buy. And I haven't opened the mavic 3 classic yet. But I'm tempted to swap it out for the air 3 just because it's roughly $300 cheaper. Which is a good savings.

I like the larger sensor on the mavic 3 classic and the 20 megapixel sensor for photos
But the air 3 is newer, faster, battery runtime is the same, has Ocusync 4.0, extra batteries are substantially cheaper. And the biggest factor is that it it would be $300 cheaper.
My decision to buy mavic 3 classic were larger sensor, adjustable aperture and internal cooling fun

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
murad