DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Has anyone made an easy to use video editor yet?

I have taught primary school kids in one hour how to make videos with music and voice over, Yes `10 and 11 year olds can learn all of this with iMovie. Ok you need a mac but with the M1 chip it is a breaze you can focus on what your making not on the software. I have Final Cut Pro but I have never needed to use it. iMovie does everything I have ever wanted to do.

Check out the Da Vinci Resolve Speed Editor on the Black Magic website. I'm no editor and the task is daunting for me, but I bought one and it makes editing so much easier and faster. Look at some of their videos on how it is used. It is quite an amazing piece of gear.
I have used Speed Editor since it was released on my client videos. Small, relatively inexpensive (sells below MSRP often on Toolfarm.com. Adorama offers it for $150 below MSRP) and powerful. Native support from DaVinci Resolve, as well as Bluetooth connectivity.

Although I use Davinci Resolve for more complex editing work, a lot of the simple stuff I do for social media gets done on GoPro Quick. If you dump clips into it, you can have it rough out a quick first edit that you can then tweak as you see fit. Works with any footage, not just GoPro

Power Director 365. Lots of powerful tools, inexpensive and easy to use.

I use and love Davinci Resolve free - amazing, powerful but quite a learning curve. For something simpler to get started, look at free Videoproc Vlogger.

Reactions: McGanksta
Window 11 added clip champ. A little better than the base editor in 10, but was also available in 10 via the Microsoft Store. I personally use Pinnacle Studio Pro for about $85, most of the folks I know use the Davinci Resolve free version.

I am a Premiere Pro user.. what a pita it is to use this to edit videos from the drone, a simple thing like "ken burns" effect isn't automatic...still? Or maybe my search just didnt yield any results.. not sure.

Looking for something that wont require a class to learn, and just gets the job done.. don't have any macs around that can run imovie, and looked at a couple different programs last night. Too bad windows killed movie maker.. we don't all want to upload videos to the cloud!!

Anyone have any recent experience with a drone centered video editing software?
Mastering the art of creating professional cinematography-level videos takes time and a learning curve. If it was easy everyone would be pro video editors. Youtube and google are your best resources for learning Adobe Premiere Pro or Final Cut Pro (iOS only). There is also Davinci Resolve which I have heard is very powerful and there is a free version of it as well. But again it takes time. I use the Ken Burns effect all the time when wanting to include still images in my video. Took a little while to learn how to use effectively, but after you have done it 20 times or more, it becomes a muscle memory technique.

I am a Premiere Pro user.. what a pita it is to use this to edit videos from the drone, a simple thing like "ken burns" effect isn't automatic...still? Or maybe my search just didnt yield any results.. not sure.

Looking for something that wont require a class to learn, and just gets the job done.. don't have any macs around that can run imovie, and looked at a couple different programs last night. Too bad windows killed movie maker.. we don't all want to upload videos to the cloud!!

I am trialing a free one I found on Facebook, Capcut from Catcut.com, I got desktop version, pretty simple stuff, does the job. Also agood one tho slightly more complicated is VSCD free video editor.

Davinci Resolve No learning curve long enough 😂
I have little or no video editing experience and am looking for an easy-to-use Video Editing solution. I quite like the look of DaVinci Resolve (free ediition as I could not run to the full version) but that supports only up to 8-bit and I wish to use the 10-bit D Cinelike output from the DJI Mini 3. I have a set of ready-made LUTs which I think will produce good output. Any ideas on a suitable DVW? Premier is expensive and has a formidable learning-curve. Thanks, Tony.

I have little or no video editing experience and am looking for an easy-to-use Video Editing solution. I quite like the look of DaVinci Resolve (free ediition as I could not run to the full version) but that supports only up to 8-bit and I wish to use the 10-bit D Cinelike output from the DJI Mini 3. I have a set of ready-made LUTs which I think will produce good output. Any ideas on a suitable DVW? Premier is expensive and has a formidable learning-curve. Thanks, Tony.
For 10-bit I think you’ll need to be in one of the pro editors, like Resolve Studio, Premiere Pro, or Final Cut Pro. They all will cost money!

But… however… setting your sights on the theoretical best quality that you read about on forums, including 10-bit and log capture, and starting with configuring software (and hardware!) to handle advanced workflows is getting the cart before the horse, in my opinion as a college educator in digital media production.

Get started where there is easy traction to be had.

Shoot 8-bit with a standard profile.

Learn editing.

Set achievable goals. Walk before running.

Go for the advanced workflows when you have some experience!

Reactions: John G. and baddog

No

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BluMav