DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Has anyone mounted a strobe to the bottom of your MA2?

Well MY whole point of it is for me to see so the bottom mount would be better! TYVM
Then put two..one on top one on bottom. The point of the strobe is anti-collison. Or put a light on each leg (red/green).

I put my main one i always use on the top front with Velcro of all my drones now with the air 2 I also added one on each side as well like others with just the least amount of Velcro that wont block rub or interfere with anything really and i also added a small strip of Velcro on the rear as well right between the rear sensors as if I'm going to use a "strobe light" there its most likely at night and not going to affect those sensors ability but i like this method because you don't always have to use them all or any and if you have a couple different types well you can even chose which ones you want to put were either as just waring light or as light to help you see at a distance which way your drone is aimed or moving. And best of all as long as your not using super strong industrial super sticky Velcro they can be easily taken off without much of a trace of ever being there if need be

Anything Firehouse Technology is the way to go. Most are mounted with double sided Velcro for easy removal. Check out the ARC (600 lumens) and the ARC V (1000 lumens).
For my Spark I had Firehouse strobes Red, Green and White. I mounted the strobes on clip on landing gear. I drilled holes in the legs and wired them in place.

Reactions: MA2 317
If so, what strobe and how exactly did you mount it? I'm hoping I can fit one just behind the camera and in front of the sensor. Bonus points for pics! :)
Mounted Firehouse Arc white strobes into a kit bashed mount on my extended landing gear. Very easy to see against the sky.

Attachments

• F1D20F16-18A9-4B3B-B40C-070D06065BCA.jpeg
    F1D20F16-18A9-4B3B-B40C-070D06065BCA.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 17
  • 3428CB78-8A34-4AC2-9954-BF6EFCFBDB75.jpeg
    3428CB78-8A34-4AC2-9954-BF6EFCFBDB75.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 17
  • 4657A55E-FE6C-46AC-A1D4-498766919B35.jpeg
    4657A55E-FE6C-46AC-A1D4-498766919B35.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 17
  • 63F00579-6EFA-4E53-A8B9-34AC88C05B5D.jpeg
    63F00579-6EFA-4E53-A8B9-34AC88C05B5D.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 16
For now, the strobe is only required for flying after dusk. You are also required to take a class, which will be on the FAA drone website. With the changes that will be required regarding Remote Identification and the time frame that the manufacturers are being given, I believe that the manufacturers will add both features to their products by the deadline from the FAA. That deadline for manufacturers is around the spring of 2023.

Decided to get the red/green/white Arc V set and mount L/R on the sides for directional cues. Vertical orientation to see better past the arms.

IMG_20210107_115007__01.jpg

I'm required to put a strobe on my drone?

Only if you are flying at night that you need a strobe to alert manned aircraft of your presence.

Plus it makes it a little easier to see on overcast days.

Ok, thanks!

Well, I flew in bright daylight using the red/green and it was no easier to see than without. Having the left/right orientation was helpful though. I think it's biggest benefit will be overcast days when the light grey aircraft blends in too well with the sky.

Well, I flew in bright daylight using the red/green and it was no easier to see than without. Having the left/right orientation was helpful though. I think it's biggest benefit will be overcast days when the light grey aircraft blends in too well with the sky.
Do you know how far out you were able to see the drone with the lights in the bright daylight ?

Well I got my Arc V the other day, not sure where I'm going to put it! I probably have space on the bottom between the gimbal and the sensor, but if I put it there I would need landing gear extensions.. not going to happen! Now they make this landing gear that might work, would work with the light and folds down so it would still fit in my case with out removing every time (I think) Amazon.com: TOMAT Mavic Air 2 Foldable Landing Gear Leg,Heightened Extended Kit for DJI Mavic Air 2 Accessories: Toys & Games
EDIT TO ADD: Just read comments on the above landing gear, you have to remove to re-install the gimbal cover so its a no go.
Or maybe I just put it on top, but I don't really want to do that as I'm not sure on the visibility from below, and I have a skin on and am afraid of sticking the Velcro to the skin... what to do, what to do??

Last edited:
Just about 500m. Going to try again next overcast day.
So the Air 2 Rescue Jacket gest about 1500m of Visual Line of sight in a bright day or 2500/3000 ft so that light is not to good compared to the Rescue Jacket in the day flights.,

However flying at night is what those light are all about and keeping the planes above aware.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Air 2 in the Rain and Float on Water.

Well I got my Arc V the other day, not sure where I'm going to put it! I probably have space on the bottom between the gimbal and the sensor, but if I put it there I would need landing gear extensions.. not going to happen! Now they make this landing gear that might work, would work with the light and folds down so it would still fit in my case with out removing every time (I think) Amazon.com: TOMAT Mavic Air 2 Foldable Landing Gear Leg,Heightened Extended Kit for DJI Mavic Air 2 Accessories: Toys & Games
EDIT TO ADD: Just read comments on the above landing gear, you have to remove to re-install the gimbal cover so its a no go.
I can recommend this foldable landing extension set. It still folds normally when attached, and doesn't interfere with normal use of the gimbal cover.

Reactions: A.O.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goadreams