DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Has anyone received their pre-ordered PolarPro filters?

I did receive a response to my support e-mail from last week. This is very much in-line with what has already been stated. Looks like I should have my order by the weekend.

Jeff Overall
(PolarPro)
Oct 2, 6:39 PM PDT
Hi Jason,

Our sincere apologies for the delayed reply, we are seeing about 10x more support ticket volume than normal right now. We appreciate your patience, and sorry for the delay on your order! We did make a mistake, and printed the shipping labels for the Gradient and Custom Filter sets early.

Demand has far exceeded our estimates and the Gradients and Custom filter sets got pushed back in production. Your order has been packed and will ship out tomorrow with the same USPS Tracking. Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Best Regards,

PolarPro Support

Reactions: Brewbud
Just had an update on my order.

Our sincere apologies for the delayed reply, we are seeing about 10x more support ticket volume than normal right now. We appreciate your patience, and sorry for the delay on your order! We did make a mistake, and printed the shipping labels for the Gradient and Custom Filter sets early.

Demand has far exceeded our estimates and the Gradients and Custom filter sets got pushed back in production. Your order has been packed and will ship out today. Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Best Regards,
PolarPro Support

So clearly they are slammed and never sent out a blanket blast to ask everyone to be patient- would've been so much better...
Anyway, good luck getting your orders everyone!

I got this.....

Hi Brian,

Our sincere apologies for the delayed reply. We have been receiving a higher than normal volume of contacts lately and are working to get back to everyone as quickly as possible in the order we were contacted. Thank you for your patience. You should have received an email update about this separately from one of our team, but in case that did not make it to you, we made an error and printed some of our shipping labels based on an incorrect availability date. The CP filter in your order is anticipated to become available on the 12th of October, rather than the 22nd of September as we initially were advised.

We have placed the order back into a hold status for the moment, and we will provide a complimentary upgrade on the shipping speed once the filter does go out. If you would prefer to cancel the order instead, we will understand - please let us know if that is the case and we will take care of that. Otherwise it will remain in our system for now. We are also happy to send out a different filter for you in the meantime (that would be yours to keep), if there is another model you are interested in.

Please let us know how you'd prefer to proceed, and we will work from there. If you have any further questions in the meantime, please feel free to ask. We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Best Regards,
Oliver
PolarPro Support

They are getting back into their comfort zone, it would seem. I am glad to see they're continuing with readily acknowledging they made a mistake, hopefully if it happens again this sort of message can be sent out more pro-actively, which could possibly help them reduce their support ticket volume. That message, a week earlier, with no offer of other product would have been 100% satisfactory with me.

I am glad to see they're getting their hands around what must have been a stressful week though.

@PolarPro Thanks to you and your employees, thanks for your efforts and the humility you're displaying. Just saying, hey, we made a mistake, we're working to fix it goes a long way. Hopefully it settles down now.

This is the notice from PolarPro on their website from the link above...

UQEtNrg.jpg

Reactions: dtp
For those who have received their filters from PolarPro, my Cinema Set came with this odd plastic piece in the box. Any idea what it is?

Attachments

• 20181004_233009.jpg
    20181004_233009.jpg
    755.3 KB · Views: 25
  • 20181004_233029.jpg
    20181004_233029.jpg
    1,010.5 KB · Views: 26
For those who have received their filters from PolarPro, my Cinema Set came with this odd plastic piece in the box. Any idea what it is?

That's to help remove the stock filter - check out this video from PolarPro for how to install the filters and use this tool to remove the stock filter

I didn't get an e-mail from them about the situation until a 2 days after the longest shipping time was estimated to arrive. Like others it just had label created. I usually like Polarpro but i think customer service dropped the ball on this. They knew they wouldn't be able to deliver on time but waited on sending out the e-mail. I think i'm going to give another company a try although ill keep the gradient filter most likely. Not railing on them just my experience.

I didn't get an e-mail from them about the situation until a 2 days after the longest shipping time was estimated to arrive. Like others it just had label created. I usually like Polarpro but i think customer service dropped the ball on this. They knew they wouldn't be able to deliver on time but waited on sending out the e-mail. I think i'm going to give another company a try although ill keep the gradient filter most likely. Not railing on them just my experience.

I think PolarPro was not prepared for this massive rush for their filters. It seems owning a drone this days mean one must get ND filters if you care about better pictures and better footage. Professional photographers and videographers all use some kind of filter for their greatest works, so it seem drone owners are trying to get best pictures and videos now by buying ND filters.

The real cost of these drones are truly expensive after you buy extra baateries, nd filters, drone case and other accessories. I can see the cost of my M2P moving from $1,500 to $2,000 easy.

As for the filters, PolaPro actually seem to be doing just as well or if not better in customer care than all others. When it comes to popularity in the filter market for our drones, they seem to be the most popular name known around. Also, even though the market is full with competitors who price their own filters cheaper, you see that PolarPro's prices ares till high. The lower prices from competitors is not affecting them to lower their own price. They actually seem to be selling just as same if not more than its competitors even though their prices are higher.

It seems truly that all these filters may be coming from the same warehouse in China. Look at what is happening now.

Where do all these companies get the filters from that they sell to us. They all get it from China.

Look again at the delay that just happened where all ND filter companies on this forum seem to be waiting for October 10th or 12th to start shipping out their new products. That seem to mean all their filters are being produced from same company in China.

That is just my guess.

Reactions: Terranitup
I think PolarPro was not prepared for this massive rush for their filters. It seems owning a drone this days mean one must get ND filters if you care about better pictures and better footage. Professional photographers and videographers all use some kind of filter for their greatest works, so it seem drone owners are trying to get best pictures and videos now by buying ND filters.

The real cost of these drones are truly expensive after you buy extra baateries, nd filters, drone case and other accessories. I can see the cost of my M2P moving from $1,500 to $2,000 easy.

As for the filters, PolaPro actually seem to be doing just as well or if not better in customer care than all others. When it comes to popularity in the filter market for our drones, they seem to be the most popular name known around. Also, even though the market is full with competitors who price their own filters cheaper, you see that PolarPro's prices ares till high. The lower prices from competitors is not affecting them to lower their own price. They actually seem to be selling just as same if not more than its competitors even though their prices are higher.

It seems truly that all these filters may be coming from the same warehouse in China. Look at what is happening now.

Where do all these companies get the filters from that they sell to us. They all get it from China.

Look again at the delay that just happened where all ND filter companies on this forum seem to be waiting for October 10th or 12th to start shipping out their new products. That seem to mean all their filters are being produced from same company in China.

That is just my guess.
Well, if they are, it is a considerably different design, and fit and finish is much different as well.

I have 3 manufacturers filters, two very much appear to be a slightly modified design of the other.

One... is not at all like the other two. I can't really see a similarity other than they are all nd filters for the m2P. It could be that they are all from the same build house, but if it is, it is a much different design, I would be a but surprised if it was.

Now, I have no idea which are better, or if one will ultimately be better in performance, I cannot attest to that at all yet. I haven't even had a chance to fly two of them.

Reactions: PetitFrereArmada

That is just my guess.
I wouldn't doubt it, they probably are! I see pgy tech uses schott glass which is what we use in our telescope mirror's if it's good enough for huge telescope

That is just my guess.
Your right they probably are all made at the same facility! I saw that pgutech uses schott glass, we use schott glass in our telescope ie observatory size telescope so it peaked my interest. I'm not really worried on price level as I have spent countless money on quite a few drones and it doesnt look like I'll stop anytime soon lol, m210 with thermal camera anyone

Reactions: PetitFrereArmada
I ordered a 6 pack of standard NDs and NDPLs late last month when they first announced them and the shipping date was Sept 22. On Sunday, Sept 23, they emailed me that the order had shipped and gave me a USPS tracking number. On Monday, Sept 24, they emailed me that it would ship "late Tuesday afternoon or Wednesday, at the latest" and gave me the same tracking number. I've checked the tracking number several times since last Wednesday , but so far only a label has been created and USPS has not received the item for shipping. I have emailed PolarPro twice since Thursday with no response, which is weird because their support team has always been really good at responding to any inquiries. Anyone else having this issue?

I received mine but they were the wrong ones (ordered Zoom, got Pro). Have to return through Amazon - prepaid label but not an immediate process - waiting on refund - no option for exchange.
Ordered the FStop filter set while waiting, received them and started flying yesterday. Recommended.

I got tracking a week ago but the package hasn't been given to USPS
Me too. I called customer support and they shipped them fedex that day, refunded my usps fee and they arrived next day. Been using them today and they’re awesome!
32 & 64 PL, 128 ND

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Claybird