DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Has anyone taken advantage of no rangers in national parks?

Is this thread for real ? I mean seriously .... come on !! Enjoy flying drones not taking chunks out of each other. Guide those that need it, help those that ask for it and be civil to all. Enjoy the hobby and share your experience with good grace and humour. Enough said !

If there is no one to enforce a regulation, does it exist?
If you don't see a policeman on the highway does that mean that the speed limit is not valid? The laws don't say, "If a park ranger is present you cannot launch or fly your drone."

Reactions: vashon100
Well, this is getting pretty typical; some guy posts something that may or may not be serious, and before it's over, we have the self-appointed drone police ranting and calling names. Can't we just respect the guy? We know the laws are ridiculous and over-reactive. We know that no harm will result from what the guy suggested, and I don't really think that a 1.5 lb drone is going to start a forest fire unless you soak it in gasoline and throw it into the woods, followed by a match. Probably not a good idea, but the suggestion hardly rises to the level of criticism that I just read.
yep another idiot, don't you think we have enough problems with just trying to fly legal and have fun, with out more numbskulls trying to figure ways to break the rules and make it harder on all of us. If we all follow the rules fly reasonably maybe people won't be so against us and more flying area will open up to us.

Last edited:
Just because you can do a thing when no one is looking, does not make it right. Ethical UAS operation is doing the right thing whether or not you would ever get caught.

You know, people... I HAVE to figure out how to unsubscribe to this thread. I keep getting emails from my "mom" telling me not to break the law.

It's redundancy at it's height.

If a tree falls in the woods, and no one is there to hear it, does it make any noise?
OF COURSE it makes noise! The inhabitants of that area of the forest hear it fall. How did we get so species-centric?

A falling tree does not make noise. The falling tree displaces air that human ears detect as noise. If no one is around to detect it, the air is still displaced. So as to whether or not no one is there to hear it depends on your strength of hearing, natural amplification of the environment, and disruptions to the signal. e.g. a golf ball landing on grass does not roll as far as a golf ball landing on ice.

Sorry had to
A falling tree does not make noise. The falling tree displaces air that human ears detect as noise. If no one is around to detect it, the air is still displaced. So as to whether or not no one is there to hear it depends on your strength of hearing, natural amplification of the environment, and disruptions to the signal. e.g. a golf ball landing on grass does not roll as far as a golf ball landing on ice.

Sorry had to
After being a logger for 24 years i can attest to the fact a tree falling makes a "lot" of noise. First off trees are usually not standing by themselves. They crash into other trees falling snapping off limbs, bending over saplings (they also produce a cracking sound) and the sound of small limbs ( missles) flying through the under brush. Think mortar explosion of small hand grenade. This is one of the reasons logging is the most dangerous occupation in the u.s..

I don't think that, because there are no one to enforce it, we should jump right in and break FAA rules and national parks regulations. Otherwise on those lines and for instance, not having FAA enforcement agent near me I should take advantage of this and go fly like crazy high or in restricted places as much as I could. Responsible people fly responsibly, and don't need people behind them to constantly tell them what to do or not. Just my 2 cents. :p
Isn't that something like if no cop is by the stop sign, you don't need to stop? The law is the law whether enforcement people are onsight or not. Lets not try to stretch the laws or rules. If you get permission to fly there by the authorities, then fly. If you don't, then don't fly. Very simple to understand.

Reactions: Cheech Wizard
Isn't that something like if no cop is by the stop sign, you don't need to stop? The law is the law whether enforcement people are onsight or not. Lets not try to stretch the laws or rules. If you get permission to fly there by the authorities, then fly. If you don't, then don't fly. Very simple to understand.
This is all about personal integrity and there's a serious lack of it in today's world....j m o...be safe, fly s

Only a bloody idiot would fly a drone inside a national park. But unfortunately there are lots of mentally disturbed people around.

Yes, go fly, and join all the other folks, abusing the National parks, due to the shutdown. Add your name to the list of folks, leaving trash, driving 4x4 and other off road vehicles in areas they are not allowed, leaving human waste everywhere. Overstaying and fighting at campgrounds.

Then post your video on Youtube and let all see what you did, then hope that later one once everything finally gets back to normal, that you don't get a fine.

Sad times,

Paul C

Just do it no one will ever know. Christ how many murders have already happened in the USA since midnight!?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98