DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Has anyone tried strapping on a power bank for extra range? Does it work? Via USB port

The USB power banks are not designed to provide the current that a flying quadcopter will draw and also will not charge the flight battery during flight. The added current consumption to carry the extra weight will most likely discharge the battery much faster than what the USB power bank can provide.

-Rod

Not to mention it will not even allow you to take off if there is something connected to the USB port of the drone.

There is a battery mod adapter that Maxx uav has for sale. It allows you to connect 2 extra batteries that straddle the side. It works awesome and there are videos of people hitting 70k distance when I last looked. You will also need to use a antenna voltage booster to bump your signal power and get a better designed antenna. There are several antenna designs that can focalize the transmission such as a yagi. Have fun and good luck!

There is a battery mod adapter that Maxx uav has for sale. It allows you to connect 2 extra batteries that straddle the side. It works awesome and there are videos of people hitting 70k distance when I last looked. You will also need to use a antenna voltage booster to bump your signal power and get a better designed antenna. There are several antenna designs that can focalize the transmission such as a yagi. Have fun and good luck!
70K?! That can't be right. I've seen 15K with a Mavic 1, but 70K would be more than quadruple that, which sounds a bit farfetched. Do you have a link?

Hi, i have the battery mod device for my Mavic pro and i have just got one for my Mavic Zoom but was wondering if you had any recommendations as to the best battery to connect as all the 4s batteries seem really heavy on paper ?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne