DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

has anyone tried the EPSON MOVERIO BT-300 with a M2Pro?

Yes. They are great with the Mavic 2. Much better than the dji goggles. You get much more value for your dollar with the Moverios. They are also on sale right now for 599.

Thanks. I sold my mavic pro gen 1 as a combo to someone with the goggles.
Now I have the pro 2. Loved the DJI goggle and willing to invest again. I was going to get the DJI RE version but kind of curious how well the Epson does.

I forgot to ask.
Does the epson have the same issues where older folks with reading glasses needing stronger corrective lenses to see the image?

I forgot to ask.
Does the epson have the same issues where older folks with reading glasses needing stronger corrective lenses to see the image?

I don't fully understand this but I have heard many people talking about the focal length of each. The goggles are a close focal length (may need reading glasses) and the Epsons are a far focal length (glasses only to see far). The Moverios you can wear with your normal glasses with the special nose bridge.

I am able to use the goggles with my glasses off (don't need readers yet) and with my Moverios I have the special prescription insert from Rochester Optical. This is my normal near-sighted prescription.

The Moverio BT-300 glasses are not adjustable for the distance between the pupils of your eyes. You can purchase special inserts from Rochester Optical that will correct for this for $199. Here’s the link:
Wearable Solutions - Shop Our Smart Lens Inserts & Virtual Reality Devices | Rochester Optical

I couldn’t use my BT-300 glasses until I purchased these. But you will need to send in your prescription including measurements for the distance between the center of your nose and the left and right pupils. Or you can buy an eye patch and only use one eye.

I couldn’t use my BT-300 glasses until I purchased these.

Radman: Many thanks for that information. I've been THINKING about those expensive spectacles for a LONG time. Knowing that I would not need "cheaters" to clearly see the displays, (unlike the white goggles,) makes them even more desirable. Thanks again.

I am also interested in FPV goggles. I am trying to decide between the DJI (white or black) and the Epson. It seems like the BT-300 glasses are only for Android. I can’t find anywhere where is says they work with IOS. Does anyone know?

A couple things to consider. I have the Moverios, the white goggles, and the RE (black) goggles. The Moverios work flawlessly with the Mavic 2 Pro and all other DJI drones I own (Spark and orginal Mavic Pro). Right now there seems to be a very common issue with the Mavic 2's and the RE goggles and limited range (lots of threads on this issue). I am experiencing that problem as well. For me (and many others) the RE goggles are mostly unusable with the Mavic 2s unless just using them as just a display with the HDMI connected. With this setup you lose all in goggles functionality.

The Moverios have an android based operating system, not sure what you mean by working with IOS? They are two separate systems and don't need to work together.

To be clear, the Moverios take the place of your phone or display device, so they don't need to work with IOS.

They don't currently work together, if you have the most recent models of the BT-300 and the Mavic Pro 2. I bought them together to use together, and sent the BT-300 back, after lots of time spent on the phone and troubleshooting on my own.

Right. BT-300 is compatible with RC1A but not with RC1B. Nobody knows what the change was between A and B.

The other Moverios are just display devices.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J