DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Has anyone used a Samsung Tab A for MA2?

I've been using the Samsun Tab A (2016) for several years now and my only complaint is filling up disk space after a couple of long flights. Tried to direct flight video to the MicroSD card but could not figure out how to do that. Video is great, DJIGo4 works fine. I have the SM-T580

My Samsung Galaxy S6 Lite hasn't given me any probs.
I'm no expert, but here's my general report.
I got the non-SIM card version, so it uses wifi from my other phone.
It's the 64GB (not 128GB) version. It will take a 64GB micro-SD. Again, I'm no expert, but if I wanted that I'd have a think about usability. Some Android versions leave the micro-SD fairly unusable for many purposes.
$499AUD at Officeworks.
DJI GO 4 and Litchi and a few other drone apps all install OK.
No compass, but seems to have everything else - GPS etc.
I'd like it brighter, but that goes for everything on a bright day.
Battery life - way longer than the drone's 3 batteries.
I'd like wireless charging, only has cable, which I always think is a vulnerability - water, dirt, rust, etc.
Weight:- I got a couple of adaptors to hold it on the controller. A fancy expensive adjustable aluminium one can't be tightened enough to hold the weight, but a cheap plastic one is just fine.

I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.4" (2020 model) and have not run into any issues yet, except for downloading sdk file from DJI website, which is a breeze.

I use a TAB A, fine with the drone but the TAB A does not have an inbuilt compass so the "radar" will not point to the drone. I also purchased some anti glare shields.
Hey what type of anti glare shields do you use and how effective are they? I guess they have a matt finish? Is the image still clear and easy to read? Where did you get them from (eg brand)?

Last edited:
I did a lot of research into the Tab A and the model sold in Australia will not work with the DJI FLY app dur to the fact that they only have the 32 bit version of Android. Canada and USA models are ok.
Not really, U.S. here and tab a is 32 bit. But bought mine for reading and light browsing. This was before I got my mini. If I had known would have got something with 64 bit. Though not an apple.

I didn't know that. I thought the 32 bit model was only marketed here in Australia. There is a thread here somewhere which lists most if not all monitors and phones which will work with DJI Fly and the Tab A is on that list. When I discovered that it was I wondered why as my wife's tab A will not run DJI FLY as it is 32 bit. Then I noticed that the listing also states 2 models and as they are not available here in Australia I incorrectly assumed that Samsung decided to market a cheap model only here and most in not all other countries have the better model (manufacturers often market electrical items in Australia which are sub standard to overseas models grrrrrrrr! )

I have been getting the CPU fully utilized while using my iPad mini 4 + cellular. It has been a disaster with huge latency. So bad it is difficult to control the flight. I am looking for a different tablet with enough cpu power to work. I don’t want to spend another $500. Working suggestions would be appreciated.
I opted for the Samsung Tab S 5e with my Verizon 4G account. Works well with my MA2 and I use it in the field also. I don't like Apple products so I can't compare them to Samsung.

I cannot help with A7, but I use Samsung Tab S4 which is also not in the list of supported tablets, but works perfectly with DJI Fly and I love the big screen :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ENJOYBIKE