DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Has the "drone always in sight rule" been thrown out? (Canada)

Along these threads of line-of-sight... How does Zing proceed with delivering
packages via drone?
Hi there!

All of our delivery demonstrations and events so far have been done within VLOS. We have also received any prior approvals from the FAA when necessary.

For more insight on our vision and how we operate within regulation, check out our WeFunder Campaign Page. You'll be able to find answers to commonly asked questions here too!

I hope this helps!

Reactions: MARK (LI)
I added "Canada" to the title of this thread.... maybe it will help some???

So, just checking, with the follow me technology almost flawless especially with the Mavic 3 and Skydio drones, is it still a requirement to have eyes on the drone at all times? For example, Skydio and DJI both feature their follow me capabilities, but that would mean you're not watching the drone, so what gives with that? Any comments? Thanks
I've wondered about the agriculture and inspection related drones where the flight path is created and technology takes over the flight. I've watched numerous videos and only one video mentioned a visual observer presence.

I've wondered about the agriculture and inspection related drones where the flight path is created and technology takes over the flight. I've watched numerous videos and only one video mentioned a visual observer presence.
In the US?...or in Canada?.....It seems as though waivers are available in US ...not sure if just commercial or for private individuals, also

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markshsv