DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Has this happened to you? Video/Gimbal disoriented!

Balko

Reactions
I was flying the Mavic Pro when I accidentally clicked on the Vertical screen button. However, the image didn't go with the lens' orientation.

Here's a video clip to better explain what happened:

Yes that’s a new one as it’s supposed to give you a portrait mode view. Something isn’t right with your camera

Yes that’s a new one as it’s supposed to give you a portrait mode view. Something isn’t right with your camera

I agree with you that something went haywire with the camera/gimbal...but it was only during that short video clip. Every other video that came after came out normal. Hmmmmm.

I this was such a "unique and rare" occurence, I wish more of the experienced pilots could share their thoughts on this.

Check all your setup on all your buttons C1,C2,5D maybe you got it setup to this and by accident triggered it.

Does it occasionally to me. I just hit the cursor button i have mapped to portrait/landscape to flip it and flip it back then its fine.

i have this happen quite often, using dji go the button to change orenetation is different than in litchi,i have had this happen in litchi as well so its not software related. it happend a few times and wouldnt go away so had to do a restart of the mav to get things working again,,,,,,weird

Check all your setup on all your buttons C1,C2,5D maybe you got it setup to this and by accident triggered it.

Yes, I have set-up this function on the front button to change the camera lens to a vertical orientation. However, the image is supposed to be on it's horizontal orientation.

i have this happen quite often, using dji go the button to change orenetation is different than in litchi,i have had this happen in litchi as well so its not software related. it happend a few times and wouldnt go away so had to do a restart of the mav to get things working again,,,,,,weird

But how about the image? Did it go sideways or did it maintain a horizontal orientation when the lens was in vertical position?

But how about the image? Did it go sideways or did it maintain a horizontal orientation when the lens was in vertical position?
the image went sideways, the button u push in djigo to change orientation is the maginify button in litchi, this weird behavior started after i dunked my mav in the water so my issue may be different than yours, i have calibrated many times, doesnt happen often but still happens, i also get a wheel error some times not sure if both are gimble related, usually changing it back a few times she goes away but a few times i had to restart the mav

Reactions: Balko
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22