DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

HATE This Back Button SO Much!!!!

AtortPhotography

Reactions
I am not sure but would imagine this annoys someone else other than just me when flying. This back button/function button on the left side by the left stick when flying with how I rest my hands constantly on the controller touches it and clicks out of the app and I just can't avoid it with how I fly pinching the sticks. It is like a fart can trigger that button too it takes like a graze of your finger to make it trigger and pop out of the app! Is there anyway to disable the button or reassign it to something different does anyone know!??! I am tempted to take tape or something or pop the button off with a screwdriver that is how much it messes me up while flying with it for real. I wish I never bought this controller personally I am not a fan at all. Thanks.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-12-07 at 10.03.57 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-12-07 at 10.03.57 PM.png
    124.1 KB · Views: 40
  • Screen Shot 2020-12-07 at 10.09.16 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-12-07 at 10.09.16 PM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 41
I am not sure but would imagine this annoys someone else other than just me when flying. This back button/function button on the left side by the left stick when flying with how I rest my hands constantly on the controller touches it and clicks out of the app and I just can't avoid it with how I fly pinching the sticks. It is like a fart can trigger that button too it takes like a graze of your finger to make it trigger and pop out of the app! Is there anyway to disable the button or reassign it to something different does anyone know!??! I am tempted to take tape or something or pop the button off with a screwdriver that is how much it messes me up while flying with it for real. I wish I never bought this controller personally I am not a fan at all. Thanks.

I made these for another client to protect both button on each side. They work beautifully. Custom Order are $100 but I will add the Wet Suit for you.

Email me
at [email protected]

Reactions: pelagic_one
This is an interesting post - for me it is the first time I have heard a negative comment about the smart controller. I just recently purchased one. The price was tough to swallow, but I really do like the bright screen and being able to fly at a moments notice. It makes flying more enjoyable for me. The back button has not bothered me yet, but perhaps I need to give it some time.

Have been flying with SC for 8 months, probably 100 times. I use pinch technique. Have never had this happen. I use back button all the time and it takes a good push to activate it. Sounds like you have a bad button. Love the SC.

So exactly what is it this "back button" is supposed to do?

Brand new to the forum and the "hobby." Today was my second trial out to learn the M2P and SC. First time I used just the thumbs. Today I tried the pinch approach and managed to hit the back button 3 times...It takes you back to the connect screen in DJI Go 4 in mid flight. Did not realize what was happening until I read this thread. Will need to be much more careful about how I pinch. :)

David

Actually, I am hitting the DJI logo on the screen with my thumb pad when I pinch...not the back button...the DJI logo does the same thing though...

My most common annoyance is i tend to put the stupid thing into full screen mode by sliding up/bumping the screen when i reach for the 5D up.
Especially wearing gloves.

With all controllers i keep hitting the **** video button when im trying to move the gimbal. Very frustrating but i think its been less of a problem witth the SC

they are thumbsticks use your thumbs and this wont happen !! :p

Have been flying with SC for 8 months, probably 100 times. I use pinch technique. Have never had this happen. I use back button all the time and it takes a good push to activate it. Sounds like you have a bad button. Love the SC.
I wonder if I do. It’s SO sensitive I barely graze it and it pops out of the app.

While I've never had the problems that you've described, I have a work around that's really unobtrusive and way cheaper than $100 :). Black vinyl electrical tape. Place a 1" piece over the button. You can still use it when needed, but brushing across it won't engage its function. Try it while flying in a protected area to see if it solves your issues.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada