DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Have a Samsung Note 3 and want to use a bigger screen (ASUS Eee Transformer Prime TF201, but..)

Spanish Flyer

Reactions
I find that even with a big Note 3, the image and touch screen is a bit small for my liking, so since I have the ASUS Transformer Prime TF20 that I don't use any longer, I was hoping to remove all non DJI apps and have it committed to flying the MV. I did install the DJI GO on it some time ago and never tried it, but now since I need the DJI GO 4 I tried to install it and I got a message stating that the DJI GO 4 is not compatible with my tablet ???

Does anyone know if there is a way around it? I know this ASUS tablet is several years old, but has a great screen and does not have a SIM, so I guessed it would be perfect for the Mavic. I don't want to spend more on a new tablet, but if I can't install the new version of DJI GO, I guess I will have to stick with my Samsung Note 3....
Regards,
Spanish Flyer

Unfortunately the GO 4 uses more features and is heavy on the device's CPU. The tablet may simply be too old to support it. There is a new device from DJI in the works called CrystalSky which is an ultrabright device. I'm waiting for it, and if you're interested, you should too.

Thanks Cyberpower 678, I guess you are right in the fact that the GO 4 needs a more powerful CPU. It is a shame anyway..
Spanish Flyer

Does the crystalsky fit in the remote? It looks really thick?

Sent from my SM-G935F using MavicPilots mobile app
Well they're advertising it as being compatible with the Mavic Pro, so I would expect them to make it fit in the remote. When I spoke to support over it, he said he has no specifics on the product but will be sure to pass on that it should fit in the Mavic remotes.

I'm also using a Note 3 on the Mavic. I would like to know if anyone managed to disable USB charging on it yet? I've rooted the phone and installed an app that is supposed to disable USB charging, but it doesn't work...

I find that even with a big Note 3, the image and touch screen is a bit small for my liking, so since I have the ASUS Transformer Prime TF20 that I don't use any longer, I was hoping to remove all non DJI apps and have it committed to flying the MV. I did install the DJI GO on it some time ago and never tried it, but now since I need the DJI GO 4 I tried to install it and I got a message stating that the DJI GO 4 is not compatible with my tablet ???

Does anyone know if there is a way around it? I know this ASUS tablet is several years old, but has a great screen and does not have a SIM, so I guessed it would be perfect for the Mavic. I don't want to spend more on a new tablet, but if I can't install the new version of DJI GO, I guess I will have to stick with my Samsung Note 3....
Regards,
Spanish Flyer

What version of Android are you running on your Asus? DJI states it needs Android 4.4 KitKat. Having said that I have a Samsung Tab3 running 4.4.2 that did not work. The app launched ok, but I could not get it to display the video feed from the Mavic.

I ended up biting the bullet and bought an iPAD Mini 2 and am very happy with my decision.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

I tried my Nexus 10 and it just didn't have the "omph" to really work.. Settled on the Nivida K1 Shield.. great tablet and runs perfect.. here's a quick review ..

Hi Cimriver & Cimode,
Thanks for the info; my ASUS can run on KitKat, but have not bothered to update, so that could be the reason for not accepting the DJI GO 4.
On the other hand I have found a cheap second hand Huawey Ascent Mate 7 in amazon with an even bigger screen than my SS Galaxy Note 3 and I'm going to try it; should get it by tomorrow. My idea is to install all DJI related apps, leave it without a SIM card and never use the WiFi, so I have a DJI-Mavic fully dedicated mobile. The screen is bigger than the one on Note 3, so as long as I can fit it were the Galaxy went, I'm a happy camper.
And Cimode, it is a pity I didn't watch your video before because the Nvidia K1 shield is 80 € cheaper than a 2nd hand Huawey Mate 7 :(

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jack_0851