DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Have had trouble understanding computers for Davinci Resolve

I can’t speak for that one, but as the 1070 in mine has been so solid I would think if the only drawback was the 1060 it would still be capable. How much is that msi

I've ordered it, hope to receive it by end of week. Will update as to how well Resolve runs once I have it.

Cost approx USD1800, or the equivalent cost of a Mavic 2 Zoom in South Africa. Was extra USD350 for 1070 system

that's how much the Alienware I got was, update here once you get it with how it works for davinci
The cheapest I can get your alienware in South Africa is USD2700. We have import duties...
So MSI was where my budget stopped.

Well update for i7 8750 16GB + 1060 6GB

No more optimized media! runs timeline footage at 29FPS, colour graded fotage at about 24fps, and renders 4k at about 14fps
the old i54200 8GB and 950m 2gb managed 12-18fps for timeline footage, and 3-4fps for rendering.

So happy with the upgrade!

Reactions: Butterland
That’s awesome!! I’m glad it worked. It’s insane how much more you can do with editing when it runs that way.

I assume you shoot 30fps 4K?

I haven’t ran 4K on my computer just because drones set to 2.7k and I don’t remember to change it.

Pretty impressive to be running 4K though.

One thing I’ve noticed is that it seems that it can start lagging if it is not plugged in. Not sure if it will lag anytime it’s unplugged or only at certain charge levels. I only noticed it in the past week and haven’t looked at it much. It’s not all that much lag, and as soon as I plug it in the lag is gone.

Still have to say how awesome it is our laptops run it smooth. Lots of stuff says they will not run it, i was nervous!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31