DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Have M4P, still fly M3P?

Anyone not?
No reason to use/keep an old thing when you have a new one in the same class that's better, other than backup if it's for professional reasons or there's something like it being hackable while the new one isn't. Sell to fund the new.

Last edited:
I have the Mini 3 Pro and I bought the Mini 4 Pro awhile back with the intent on giving it away (to my brother who has an older Air 2). I didn't care for the Mini 4 Pro because it wasn't significantly better than the Mini 3 Pro and I'm not yet ready to have just one O4 drone outside of my entire O3 fleet already sharing similar equipment. Unfortunately, I really don't fly the Mini 3 Pro that much. Bought the Mini 4 Pro because it was a great deal for a great price. Mini 2 is still hanging on as well mostly because I don't believe I can get anything for it if I sell it.

Reactions: Rchawks
I have the Mini 3 Pro and I bought the Mini 4 Pro awhile back with the intent on giving it away (to my brother who has an older Air 2). I didn't care for the Mini 4 Pro because it wasn't significantly better than the Mini 3 Pro and I'm not yet ready to have just one O4 drone outside of my entire O3 fleet already sharing similar equipment. Unfortunately, I really don't fly the Mini 3 Pro that much. Bought the Mini 4 Pro because it was a great deal for a great price. Mini 2 is still hanging on as well mostly because I don't believe I can get anything for it if I sell it.

Got $250 for my Mini 2 FMC (RC-N1) on ebay.

Last edited:
I would rather keep it than let it go for $250. My only controller is the old smart controller which I have to keep for the Mavic 2 so I'm looking at under $200. I'll probably give it away in a few more years.

I understand.

For me, it essentially was a cost center taking up space. I would have given it away to a worthy friend or relative if it hadn't sold quickly on ebay.

Learned my lesson with the P4... Still have it, batteries are dead after sitting in storage for many years, so it's basically a museum piece now. Keep it because it was the first.

With a Mini 3P and 4P, I know I'd never bother with the 2 again. Moved last October, empty nesters, downsized quite a bit. Really concentrates the mind on all the junk one holds on to for no really good reason.

Reactions: mavic3usa
Got a Mini 4 Pro shortly after it came out, haven't flown the Mini 3 Pro once since. Not sure why I'm keeping it.

Anyone else?
I also have both and didn't fly the 3 much after the 4 arrived, but now have started flying the 3 again.

My 3 is problematical in that it REFUSES to update, so I am still on the initial software - I keep getting a 'server error' message and prompted to check again later, but later never comes. I am sure I have tried 100 times, at least. Aircraft firmware is allegedly 'up to date' and my controller says that it is connected to the internet on my router.

The 3 continuously wants to upload flight info, but then despite verifying that it is connected thru my router, it does not upload. I have never had that request with any of my other dji's. Something wrong here but I have finally said 'f' it. If it flies, it takes great photos and video. I am careful not to use it where there are people around because it will occasionally demand that I upload flight data when it is in the air. About all I can do is shut off the controller and restart to get control over it and it is scary as all hell.

Last edited:
I also have both and didn't fly the 3 much after the 4 arrived, but now have started flying the 3 again.

My 3 is problematical in that it REFUSES to update, so I am still on the initial software - I keep getting a 'server error' message and prompted to check again later, but later never comes. I am sure I have tried 100 times, at least. Aircraft firmware is allegedly 'up to date' and my controller says that it is connected to the internet on my router.

The 3 continuously wants to upload flight info, but then despite verifying that it is connected thru my router, it does not upload. I have never had that request with any of my other dji's. Something wrong here but I have finally said 'f' it. If it flies, it takes great photos and video. I am careful not to use it where there are people around because it will occasionally demand that I upload flight data when it is in the air. About all I can do is shut off the controller and restart to get control over it and it is scary as all hell.
That sounds like the issue I, and other folks, ran into. Same message. It has to do with not being able to establish a connection to the server that has the updates. I resolved it by editing the DNS settings in my router to the Google DNS.

You might also be able to get around it by using a different wifi connection, perhaps a hotspot on your cellphone.

I did the same thing at first after the bought the m3p with the ma2. Not now, it's the only birds in my fleet and I take always take both. I don't always fly both but it depends on what I want to do.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mandrews28