DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Have the Polar Pro Filters Shipped yet?

abridge

Reactions
Ordered a 32 ND filter for my pro 2. Said shipping was on sep 22. I received a tracking # over the weekend that it has shipped out, yet it still says pre-shipment on USPS, and on Polar Pro's website it now says Sep 29 shipping date. Has anyone received theirs yet?

No, I'm in the same place as you with my order.

Seems like they were optimistic when creating labels.

@PolarPro , could you offer any insight into where these are in shipping? Thank you.

Reactions: abridge
No, I'm in the same place as you with my order.

Seems like they were optimistic when creating labels.

@PolarPro , could you offer any insight into where these are in shipping? Thank you.

I am going on vacation next friday evening and the only reason I ordered Polar Pro was because it said Sep 22 Shipment so I could get it in time.

Got mine two days ago (Cinema collection) they work great,perfect fit. I really like the filter removal tool awesome.

I am going on vacation next friday evening and the only reason I ordered Polar Pro was because it said Sep 22 Shipment so I could get it in time.
Well, that's a bummer, but often happens on the front edge of supply on a brand new line. Don't get me wrong, it sucks.

If you just so happen to be in Colorado I'd happily let you borrow my Skyreat ND's, but that's a long shot.

Well, that's a bummer, but often happens on the front edge of supply on a brand new line. Don't get me wrong, it sucks.

If you just so happen to be in Colorado I'd happily let you borrow my Skyreat ND's, but that's a long shot.

way too far for that but appreciate it! I will wait until Monday and if the tracking # is not updated by then ill just order one Skytreat or Fstop and will have to cancel my Polar Pro order.

Same here..I ordered mine a few days after all the fanfare and still don't have them.."waiting at the facility"..Shipping on the 22nd..Kinda pissed off to say the least..

I'm faring a little better in the delivery stakes
Status
In-Transit
September 27, 2018 at 5:59 pm
Departed
LOS ANGELES, UNITED STATES

Your item departed a transfer airport in INTERNATIONAL, LOS ANGELES, UNITED STATES on September 27, 2018 at 5:59 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

If it makes you feel any better, you’re not alone.

I placed two orders (various video vs still filters). Both were promised to ship 9/21–9/23.

For the first order, they notified me that it shipped on 9/21. The tracking number was not in the USPS system until 9/22, and it had a “pre-shipment” status until 9/25, when somebody finally handed it to an Anaheim postal facility. I received delivery in NYC two days later on 9/27.

For the second order, they notified me that it shipped on 9/23. The tracking number appeared in the USPS system later that same day. It is now 9/28, five days later, and it is still in “pre-shipment”.

Either their shipping communications are a bit disingenuous, or it is a really long and treacherous journey from their warehouse to their local Anaheim post office, plagued by sandstorms, blizzards and highwaymen (those Los Angeles Septembers can be perilous).

Happily, the filters from the first order are very nice. In a week or two, or whenever I receive the second order, all irritation will have been forgotten (unlike that Kickstarter project I backed in March 2015 and am still @*$&# waiting for!).

Reactions: Supercaliber
I'd wager, trying to be pro-active, they sat someone down and had them prepare all the labels. Unfortunately this also sends out the e-mail that the item has shipped. Now they're sorting and packing the orders, slapping the labels on them and getting the out when they can.

Whatever the reason... it's clear my package never left, and I'd have much rather gotten a delay e-mail than a false shipped e-mail.

Reactions: Supercaliber
Heads up: If you did receive your Mavic 2 Pro filters, I strongly suggest that you check out each and every one of them.

I picked up the ten-piece Cinematographers Collection. The glass is nice, but given the price, I am surprised at how much variance there is in the manufacturing tolerance of the filter body fit.

The filters attach unidirectionally (the PL filters have white arrow that point to the top of the drone, the non-PL filters have their filter label, like "ND32", toward the bottom of the drone), but I found that the fit varies tremendously between filters. When attaching, you should press the filter down into the lens to rotate and lock in place (a similar motion to attaching the propellers, except not as extreme).

Some filters fit almost too easily, where I fear they will worry themselves loose and fall off during flight. Some fit perfectly. And some are really difficult to attach, where I worry that the tight filters will cause wear on the camera's filter mount slots (making the loose filters even looser), or worse, damage the gimbal itself. (Even when steadying the gimbal with one hand while attaching the filter with the other, it takes so much effort that it is difficult to counterbalance in all directions, applying some torque to the gimbal assembly.)

One of the filters (the ND16/PL) will not attach at all, and clearly needs replacement.

I reached out to PolarPro support and am waiting to hear back—hoping for a speedy resolution and replacement!

Anyway, long story short, be sure to try out each of your filters for fit.

Reactions: ricphoto
Heads up: If you did receive your Mavic 2 Pro filters, I strongly suggest that you check out each and every one of them.

Good to know. I ordered their gradient kit, something I use on my conventional cameras..I have a feeling this company is overwhelmed..if their quality control is lax, their gonna get slammed with returns! Time for new management!

Same boat here...ordered a mix of stuff and got a shipping notice the 22nd...USPS still says "label created...waiting for package"...

I've tried calling (only have 1 phone # for them and they NEVER answer it or respond to the voicemails) quite a few times...figured I'd try the online support form and got a generic "it shipped and will be there soon" reply...I replied to that one everyday that the package still wasn't at the PO...no answer...submitted 2 more support tickets yesterday and today and still no answer...

Part of what they had going for them was their good customer service...That's no longer true when they won't even take a minute and keep their customers apprised of what's really happening with their orders...

@fStop Labs and skyreat are getting decent reviews and like another member posted last week it may be that these are all made in the same factory and just rebranded on their way out the door...I wanted to test them head to head but it's not looking good for Polar Pro and the Shark Tank team...

I sent an e-mail to their support team and so far, crickets.

This is getting more and more disappointing.

@PolarPro

Really?

Hey guys just thought of something... You know how Skyreat says their filters are made at the same factory? Well they sent me two sets. First set fit onto the camera but the frame didn't allow usage of the gimbal guard. Second set won't fit as the pins are too large by a couple thousandth.

If they are made at the same factory, it would explain similar problems.

I hate too say it boys, but I got my DJI filters and they are perfect in every way! They shipped from China but I got them in a couple days.

Last edited:
I sent an e-mail to their support team and so far, crickets.

This is getting more and more disappointing.

@PolarPro

Really?

I called to ask about Elektra and if they work with Power Director. I also wanted to see if I could get one of those removal tools. No answer and no call back.

Sent an e-mail to their "Director of Operations". I don't expect much to change at this point, just using a shotgun approach.

This is not what I expected from them after all the **** they've said on here about how one of the things you're paying for is great customer service. Something's changed, or they only meant that on the good days.

All they have to do is blast an e-mail out and say roughly what happened, roughly when it should be resolved, and "Sorry".

Their current strategy is pretty lame.

I had them on a list of possibilities for some other filters I need, someone else will be getting that business at this point.

Reactions: ricphoto
Still no reply from them about my defective filter issue. I had already emailed them about it, and then followed up with voicemail yesterday morning, soon after they opened (they weren't answering phones). Now I can probably expect not to hear anything back until next week.

They must have known the Mavic 2 crunch was coming—would think they'd have contracted some temporary help to get over the hump.

They replied to my request Thursday . As of today have not received.

Thanks for following up with us about your Mavic 2 preorder. We're sorry to hear about the absence of any status updates on that tracking number! We have occasionally seen the USPS tracking system not update properly even though the shipment is progressing, and it looks like that may have occurred here. Based on the order record in our system, it looks like this order was sent out on the 23rd, and should be delivered by the end of the day tomorrow at the latest. We'd recommend allowing until then for the package to be dropped off. In the event the remaining time elapses and no delivery is made, please reply back to this email letting us know and we will be happy to assist further. We definitely want to make sure you receive your order.

If there is anything further we can assist you with in the meantime please don't hesitate to ask. We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Best Regards,
Oliver

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest