DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Have you done your advanced flight review?

And the VAST majority of commercial work is going to take place 1) flying over a building or within 30 m from it (which would be any real estate photograph) 2) Flying over people (MANY 2d/3d mapping would require flying over people if you look at industries like mining or search and rescue) and 3) many many businesses are within these boundaries of the control zones of airports or the km distance you speak about.

So yes, it will keep many hobbyist who think they can just start up a business think twice.

I confirmed with many people and asked a TC member as well. the 30meters only applies to PEOPLE / BYSTANDERS. Building, Trees, Trucks, Boats Vehicles are not applicable

• You fly it more than 30 meters (100 feet) horizontally from bystanders

I am doing my real estate shoot with Basic Pilot Certificate and i am not in control airspace

So what happens if you fly over a saileboat that has a person in it (with nothing covering their head) .... the courts I imagine would say this is a person and you violated the CARs.

I am doing my real estate shoot with Basic Pilot Certificate and i am not in control airspace

Honestly, there is no way your doing real estate shoots and not going above 30 meters :D No offence but that would be some pretty crappy shots. Just get the advanced and be stress free. The written isn't hard.

Honestly, there is no way your doing real estate shoots and not going above 30 meters :D No offence but that would be some pretty crappy shots. Just get the advanced and be stress free. The written isn't hard.

You got the whole thing wrong... 30m is near people not how high you can go which is 122m.

I tell my client to vacate the property while I am shooting.

My friend in the mean time with advanced is waiting on nav Canada to approve the job ( some approvals are taking 7days )... I am just avoiding jobs at controlled airspace as there are so many requests.. Housing market indeed picked up so much in Orangeville, stouvillle, North Brampton above boviard (below is control airspace)

All I am saying is you don't need advanced for all the jobs ...

Last edited:
seems like not a lot of ppl have not done the advanced test. Wonder if i should do the test or just get the mavic mini. i'm not doing anything commercial, just want to take some pictures for myself.

seems like not a lot of ppl have not done the advanced test. Wonder if i should do the test or just get the mavic mini. i'm not doing anything commercial, just want to take some pictures for myself.
One of the reasons I did it was to have the freedom to fly where ever and wanted to have 4k footage....

One of the reasons I did it was to have the freedom to fly where ever and wanted to have 4k footage....

ya 4k footage would be nice.

I just wish they have some better study guides. I don't have any aviation background and with some many questions that arent related to drone usage, that's what pushing me off in doing it.

ya 4k footage would be nice.

I just wish they have some better study guides. I don't have any aviation background and with some many questions that arent related to drone usage, that's what pushing me off in doing it.
Friend of mine has his pilot license and he tried to take the advanced written exam and failed...not by much..but yeah, kinda speaks to the questions they asked. To this date he says some of the answers they marked wrong are actually right.

I don't have any background but for a study guide I bought for a few hundred a ground school class..but that's probably over kill but got some certificate at the end. Although if the cops come I have a wackload of stuff I can present to them which might help along with licenses, insurance, approval emails, vfr maps... Im just electing one day to get tapped on the shoulder.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biggej