DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Have you tried this . . .

I wonder if a drone would be able to pull a water skiing squirrel like this:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I wonder if a drone would be able to pull a water skiing squirrel like this:

Let’s find out. I have plenty of squirrels in the area willing to try. Some even have 4 legs.

Dronekitesurfingsquirrel - I want to see it... now!
So, how about you check out this video!

Hmm.. just so clearly a fake and does not include Kitesurfing. But appreciate the effort. :)

Zero gravity is achieveable in confines of cargo aircraft so long as it creates centrifuge by flight arc thus cancelling gravity with centrifugal oppose.

Will craft even work? Barometer must be reconfigured since altitude in cargoaircraft is large

Zero gravity is achieveable in confines of cargo aircraft so long as it creates centrifuge by flight arc thus cancelling gravity with centrifugal oppose.

Will the craft even work? Barometer must be reconfigured since altitude in cargoaircraft is large
I wanna say NO it will NOT work. Why, my drone has an operational ceiling.

Now, could it work? Possibility, since the atmosphere inside the aircraft is not the same as the actual atmospheric level. Since it is man made and sustainable, temporarily on the downward arc it may be feasible. Rent a cargo aircraft for next weekend and we'll try. Hey, it's the only way to find out, right!

I wanna say NO it will NOT work. Why, my drone has an operational ceiling.

Now, could it work? Possibility, since the atmosphere inside the aircraft is not the same as the actual atmospheric level. Since it is man made and sustainable, temporarily on the downward arc it may be feasible. Rent a cargo aircraft for next weekend and we'll try. Hey, it's the only way to find out, right!

You folks humour my saturday!
Yes the cargo aircarrier is going to be pressurized. At constant velocity of cargo aircraft imu feels none vectors of force onto drone. While flooring vibration can be conducted prior liftoff, it might shutoff permissivity for launch? Turboprop turbojet vibrates so much you can not sleep well inside right?

You folks humour my saturday!
Yes the cargo aircarrier is going to be pressurized. At constant velocity of cargo aircraft imu feels none vectors of force onto drone. While flooring vibration can be conducted prior liftoff, it might shutoff permissivity for launch? Turboprop turbojet vibrates so much you can not sleep well inside right?
Dreams, Dreams, nothing has to be real! That's half the fun of it.

The air pressure in a pressurized jet airliner never is less than what you would encounter at an altitude of 8000 feet above sea level (roughly the altitude of Telluride, Colorado). In most cases, the pressure is higher than this (that is, the equivalent altitude of the cabin is even closer to sea level).

The pressure starts out being the same as the outside pressure as the aircraft leaves the gate. On-board computers then start pressurizing the cabin so that the pressure inside remains reasonably constant as the airplane climbs to higher altitudes. The pressure is kept high until the difference between the inside and outside reaches a certain limit that depends on the airplane (usually around 8 pounds per square inch), at which point the computers gradually let the pressure drop, although it never drops below the equivalent of 8000 feet (by law, and the computers won't allow it).

Atmospheric pressure at sea level is about 15 psi, or 29.92 inHg (760 mmHg). At 35,000 feet, the outside pressure is only 3.5 psi. Since the aircraft can maintain a difference of about 8 psi, it can keep the cabin at 11.5 psi, which is equivalent to an altitude of about 6500 feet.

Techwing

Dreams, Dreams, nothing has to be real! That's half the fun of it.

The air pressure in a pressurized jet airliner never is less than what you would encounter at an altitude of 8000 feet above sea level (roughly the altitude of Telluride, Colorado). In most cases, the pressure is higher than this (that is, the equivalent altitude of the cabin is even closer to sea level).

The pressure starts out being the same as the outside pressure as the aircraft leaves the gate. On-board computers then start pressurizing the cabin so that the pressure inside remains reasonably constant as the airplane climbs to higher altitudes. The pressure is kept high until the difference between the inside and outside reaches a certain limit that depends on the airplane (usually around 8 pounds per square inch), at which point the computers gradually let the pressure drop, although it never drops below the equivalent of 8000 feet (by law, and the computers won't allow it).

Atmospheric pressure at sea level is about 15 psi, or 29.92 inHg (760 mmHg). At 35,000 feet, the outside pressure is only 3.5 psi. Since the aircraft can maintain a difference of about 8 psi, it can keep the cabin at 11.5 psi, which is equivalent to an altitude of about 6500 feet.

Techwing
got it. mavic air barometer registers 6500ft elevation as takeoff datum assuming restrictions aside. we gotta ask for a feature of the barometer to dial in a new datum, as in negative preloading, as in tare weight. must be merely a change on the slope intercept if linear, ascend height versus atm pressure. whoops, i take that back, it is nonlinear, the pressure is founded on principle of what is compressing it, all the stuff sitting above, on it.

It hovers. Ken Heron demonstrates something very similar with his Phantom 4 Pro. He flys into a box truck and then the truck moves forward. Phantom hovers in place as the truck moves.

In the van the P4 uses visual stability so keeps its height and distance from the walls. In the elevator the MA needs to use visual to keep its distance from the floor of the lift but the barometer might say otherwise so it's an interesting trial for someone else; not me ;)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jageist