DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Have you upgraded you Mini 2 to 1.04.0000 firmware?

What firmware do you have on your Mini 2?

• 1.04.0000 and I have no problems

Votes: 16 34.0%
  • 1.04.0000 but I have some issues

Votes: 7 14.9%
  • 1.03.0000 for me, thanks

Votes: 24 51.1%

• Total voters

c64-dev

Reactions
So, as you may have guessed my replacement Mini 2 came with the latest 1.04.0000 firmware.

Turns out the drone was brand new with a product date of 04.2022, which would put it after the release of the 1.4 firmware. Now, one my initial concerns about sending out my drone to DJI was that I didn’t want the firmware to be updated from 1.03 as it can’t be rolled back if need be. Unfortunately, this scenario came to pass.

I’ve seen some videos online about the 1.04 having signal issues or GPS lock delays but I don’t trust YouTube as a credible source of information as they tend to sensationalize things for views. My sense is that the issue is not widespread as there are thousands of happy M2 owners around the world who are not reporting issues.

In any case, I wanted to hear from our trusted community. Have you updated your mini to the latest firmware and if so did you have any problems with it? I created a poll about it as well, to see where the Mini 2 owners stand on the whole issue.
How do you feel about not being able to downgrade?

Any contributions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much!

Last edited:
So, as you may have guessed my replacement Mini 2 came with the latest 1.04.0000 firmware.

Turns out the drone was brand new with a product date of 04.2022, which would put it after the release of the 1.4 firmware. Now, one my initial concerns about sending out my drone to DJI was that I didn’t want the firmware to be updated from 1.03 as it can’t be rolled back if need be. Unfortunately, this scenario came to pass.

I’ve read the various threads online about the 1.04 having signal issues or GPS lock delays but I wanted to hear from our trusted community. Have you updated your mini to the latest firmware and if so did you have any problems with it? I created a poll about it as well, to see where the Mini 2 owners stand on the whole issue.

Thanks so much!
It's a moot question. Enjoy 1.04.0000.

Updated my Mini 2's firmware to 1.04 recently. The drone now takes considerably longer to achieve GPS lock and the video feed now stutters and occasionally freezes regardless of the drone's distance from the TX. Had absolutely no problems prior to the update. Can't roll back the firmware as DJI has removed that ability. Thanks, DJI... NOT!

(For the record, I'm running DJI Fly v.1.5.10 (build 1070) on a Xiaomi Mi 9T.)

Reactions: Jam0ne
Updated my Mini 2's firmware to 1.04 recently. The drone now takes considerably longer to achieve GPS lock and the video feed now stutters and occasionally freezes regardless of the drone's distance from the TX. Had absolutely no problems prior to the update. Can't roll back the firmware as DJI has removed that ability. Thanks, DJI... NOT!

(For the record, I'm running DJI Fly v.1.5.10 (build 1070) on a Xiaomi Mi 9T.)
I've noticed the GPS lag, also. I'll start out with 11 satellites & by the time I finish checking my settings it will be 20 or above. I lost GPS once at 35m which caused it to drift into the side of hill I was near.

Reactions: Jam0ne

I’ve seen some videos online about the 1.04 having signal issues or GPS lock delays but I don’t trust YouTube as a credible source of information as they tend to sensationalize things for views. My sense is that the issue is not widespread as there are thousands of happy M2 owners around the world who are not reporting issues.

In any case, I wanted to hear from our trusted community. Have you updated your mini to the latest firmware and if so did you have any problems with it? I created a poll about it as well, to see where the Mini 2 owners stand on the whole issue.
How do you feel about not being able to downgrade?

Thanks so much!
I updated, because my IA "trusted" DJI.. again.....

I've seriously thought about selling my Combo Kit, but I'm feeling like i wouldn't be doing the buyer any justice.

"RC not connected" issues in 3 different locations, my lat 5 flights I was scared the drone would fly away, it's now parked until there's a "NEW UPDATE" that "fixes" this crap...

I just put the Mini 2 up for another check to verify that 1.04.0000 was causing no issues. It's been doing fine since I updated when the new firmware was released and this was no exception. 12 satellites locked and HP set within about 80 seconds, and 22 within a couple of minutes of flight. Flew fine in all modes. 1000' out with no signal loss indicated by the bar display.

I just put the Mini 2 up for another check to verify that 1.04.0000 was causing no issues. It's been doing fine since I updated when the new firmware was released and this was no exception. 12 satellites locked and HP set within about 80 seconds, and 22 within a couple of minutes of flight. Flew fine in all modes. 1000' out with no signal loss indicated by the bar display.
How was the video feed? Any stuttering and/or freezing?

From what I hear here in Italy from other pilots I see that the Mini 3 Pro has radio signal problems with the RC controller smar

I've flown hundreds of flights with my Mini 2 and still using 1.03 FW. I was seeing some of these reports, and imagining that DJI has reduced power output for federal FCC regulations (at least in USA). However, RF transmission and reception is a peculiar beast, and so much depends on outside interference, angle of transmission. Even with 1.03, I will get an occasional delayed GPS lock or RC disconnected in the exact same area I've flown many times before. If I had updated to 1.04, I may have thought this was due to the FW update, but since I did not, only the conditions might be the cause. I am happy with 1.03 and don't see a need yet to update to 1.04.

Reactions: Jam0ne and c64-dev
Meu mini 2 atualizado firmware 1.5 contínuo sem canal 5.8 ghz, somente voa com 2.4 ghz sinal ruim

Google translated the OP's Posting from Portuguese to English to read...

"My mini 2 updated firmware 1.5 continuous without 5.8 ghz channel, only flies with 2.4 ghz bad signal"

The latest DJI Fly App is 1.6.6. Is that version available to you in Portugal?

O mais recente aplicativo DJI Fly é 1.6.6. Essa versão está disponível para você em Portugal?

Google traduziu a postagem do OP do português para o inglês para ler...

"Meu mini 2 atualizado firmware 1.5 continuo sem canal de 5.8ghz, só voa com sinal ruim de 2.4ghz"

O mais recente aplicativo DJI Fly é 1.6.6. Essa versão está disponível para você em Portugal?

Yes, Firmware 1.5, djifly 1.6.6 rc 4.110034

Yes, Firmware 1.5, djifly 1.6.6 rc 4.110034

As you can see on the copy of my Screen Shot of my versions, we agree and we both have the latest versions. Your FlySafe version may be different as I am in the USA and you are in Portugal.

Como você pode ver na cópia da minha captura de tela das minhas versões, concordamos e ambos temos as versões mais recentes. A sua versão FlySafe pode ser diferente, pois estou nos EUA e você está em Portugal.

Version.png

The question now is how do you know your drone is only flying with the 2.4 GHz and is not using the 5.8 GHz?

A questão agora é como você sabe que seu drone está voando apenas com os 2,4 GHz e não está usando os 5,8 GHz?

Perhaps you have selected the 2.4 GHz. The Mini 2 works best when it is set to Dual-Band. If one band experiences interference, it will automatically switch to the least interfered frequency. IF you leave it on Dual-Band, it will take care of everything for you…

Talvez você tenha selecionado o 2,4 GHz. O Mini 2 funciona melhor quando configurado para Dual-Band. Se uma banda sofrer interferência, ela mudará automaticamente para a frequência com menos interferência. SE você deixá-lo em Dual-Band, ele cuidará de tudo para você…

transmission.png

However, my understanding is that the 5.8 GHz works best in cities with lots of buildings and 2.4 GHz works best in the outdoors in the middle of nowhere…

No entanto, meu entendimento é que 5,8 GHz funciona melhor em cidades com muitos prédios e 2,4 GHz funciona melhor ao ar livre no meio do nada…

You need to send us a screen shot of the DJI Fly App, Transmission Screen. If it's not obvious, then perhaps you will need to upload some flight logs…

Você precisa nos enviar uma captura de tela do aplicativo DJI Fly, tela de transmissão. Se não for óbvio, talvez você precise fazer upload de alguns registros de voo…

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998