DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

having a really hard time deciding between Zoom or Pro 2

I purchased the zoom as it was cheaper, but to be honest I've not used the zoom a great deal. I tend to frame my shots by flying in or out. The problem I have with the zoom is that I like to fix the shutter speed, meaning you have to have ND filters for the correct exposure. Set up the exposure with the right filter, zoom in and it becomes darker.

I don't regret buying the zoom because of my budget limitations. I mainly wanted the Mavic 2 functionality, and the only real difference is the camera. I've had some great photography from it - just don't use the zoom as much as I thought I would.

I have both models and typically find myself going with the Pro 65% of the time I go out. The Zoom is fixed 2.8 aperture and you can only adjust iso and shutter. The Pro allows changing of fstops. I will always take my zoom on a construction shoot where I can fly to a opening or window and zoom to get some shots inside, which is nice. I also like the Zoom can do a dolly zoom, that allows you to create some very interesting effects with your subjects. Overall, I'm glad I have both and they have each have their advantages. Either one, you will be happy with because they take great shots.

Not sure if anyone else mentioned, but why not the Mavic Air 2?
If you're not going to be getting heavy into post processing, then the M2P is almost overkill, since its big feature is 10-bit video.
The zoom is great too, but I don't think its worth the extra money (and size) over the MA2.

In my, very limited, opinion, DJI seemed to have effectively cannibalised its M2Z, so I would be deciding between the M2P and the MA2. Like yourself, I’m new to the whole photo editing and all the settings, so I would be choosing the MA2 if I was to buy a first drone now

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest