DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Having to pair every single startup?

uberamd

Reactions
Hey folks,

I’ve had a Mavic mini that worked flawlessly, purchased another, and the new one requires pairing to the controller on every single power up. This is very strange, latest firmware and everything, but it just won’t stay paired.

Makes me nervous to fly it, as I fear if the controller loses connectivity it’ll not regain it back cleanly.

Debating just exchanging it with Amazon as it’s 2 days old, but figured I’d ask here first — anyone run into this before?

Once I got it paired the signal was breaking up 10 feet off the ground, and 3 feet away from me. Super strange.

On a different note, Amazon says I have until Feb 1 to return it. Wow...the mini 2 will probably be out by then ?

You most likely purchased it inside of their “holiday period”, so the return date has been extended to include the Christmas gift giving season.

Since it is in the return window, why not just return it? It cost too much to not function properly out of the box, IMHO. Amazon has a good return/exchange policy, why not use it?

Reactions: THE CYBORG
You most likely purchased it inside of their “holiday period”, so the return date has been extended to include the Christmas gift giving season.

Since it is in the return window, why not just return it? It cost too much to not function properly out of the box, IMHO. Amazon has a good return/exchange policy, why not use it?
Totally agree, I am 99.99% likely to return it. Just seeing if anyone has experienced this to see if it’s widespread or a simple fix. DJI support responsiveness has been very hit or miss.

Hey folks,

I’ve had a Mavic mini that worked flawlessly, purchased another, and the new one requires pairing to the controller on every single power up. This is very strange, latest firmware and everything, but it just won’t stay paired.

Makes me nervous to fly it, as I fear if the controller loses connectivity it’ll not regain it back cleanly.

Debating just exchanging it with Amazon as it’s 2 days old, but figured I’d ask here first — anyone run into this before?

Once I got it paired the signal was breaking up 10 feet off the ground, and 3 feet away from me. Super strange.

On a different note, Amazon says I have until Feb 1 to return it. Wow...the mini 2 will probably be out by then ?
Ive been thinking on this...still thinking cause I dont have a real answer. But so far this is my guess: The controller paired with 1st MM, and Now your'e attempting to pair with a second MM. Cant fly two birds of the same flavor with one RC? The RC sez, they're trying to get me in bed with two birds of a feather...I aint gonna do it. Its unsafe. And Im not into threesomes.

Page 35 .pdf MA2 User Manual states (paraphrased) the controller will automatically unlink from the bird MM* if a "new" controller is paired with the same bird MM*.
Not a whole lotta help, just confusion. Except now the new controller puts its unique brand onto MM2/MA2, but not both. That would cut down on profits on a highly overpriced sugar daddy. They're married, bound together for life till death do us part; and still not into threesomes. MM/MA2* drowns or otherwise suffers a devastating collision.

Along comes a virgin nubile MM2, will widower remarry? Is it possible? I dont think so, cause there aren't any virgin unpaired drones, unless: If DJI replaces the deceased drone with a new one under the Care Refresh coverage the RC must be able to hook up. My thought is the unbranded drone, courtesy of DJI virgin warehouse, cleanses the widower's memory of drone #1 before the marriage.

I realize this is >a month ago. But it makes for a story of an unanswered question: How to hook up successfully.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
valter123