DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Having Trouble using DJI Assistant

Piper J3

Reactions
I’m having trouble using DJI Assistant2 for Mavic. I’m logged in to Assistant. I powered the MA2 and then connected USB cable within 20 seconds. Cable is connected to both MacBook and MA2. I get to a screen that shows USB cable connection to the PC and can’t get any further. The assistant says for Mavic Mini but I’m pretty sure I downloaded Assistant for MA2.

When I try to run the app it says the product I purchased is for Mavic Mini even though I downloaded from MA2 DJI download page. I downloaded this: Mac V2.0.14 2020-08-05. Says it supports Mavic Air 2.

Last edited:
Can't get past this screen. I plug USB cable into both MA2 and MacBook.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-08-11 at 3.50.40 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-08-11 at 3.50.40 AM.png
    109.4 KB · Views: 7
Are you running OS Catalina ?

If you google it there are problems in compatibility, apparently there is a work around from DJI

Suggest you try using DJI Assistant 2 on a Windows 10 PC

I don't use IOS, but on Windows 10 PC I often use DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic and it has always worked as expected.

Even without Assistant running, you should be able to see the memory drive on MA2 in your file explorer. If you don't see that then there is a problem with your OS recognizing MA2 through the USB cable.

Some more data... I was using a Mac charging cable and thought that might not be transmitting data. So, I tried DJI supplied short cable and it worked for the controller. Assistant found controller and did update to latest version of firmware. However, cable doesn't work for MA2. Assistant doesn't find the MA2. Stays on screen that shows you need to plug in cable. I must be doing something wrong but don't know what it is...

I don't use IOS, but on Windows 10 PC I often use DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic and it has always worked as expected.

Even without Assistant running, you should be able to see the memory drive on MA2 in your file explorer. If you don't see that then there is a problem with your OS recognizing MA2 through the USB cable.

Thanks for help. I check MAC Finder and neither Controller or MA2 show up as a drive and yet Controller is found and gets updated in Assistant and MA2 just sits there and can't be found by Assistant.

The DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic application will work for both the Mavic Mini and Mavic Air 2. When you plug in the USB cable as directed, the program recognizes which device was connected. This has been my experience on Windows 10.

The DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic application will work for both the Mavic Mini and Mavic Air 2. When you plug in the USB cable as directed, the program recognizes which device was connected. This has been my experience on Windows 10.

Right - but it only recognizes the Controller and not the MA2. I'm going to try chat with DJI tech folks today. Wish me luck...

Reactions: Ben Anderson
Right - but it only recognizes the Controller and not the MA2. I'm going to try chat with DJI tech folks today. Wish me luck...

This thread is exactly the same problem your having

Problem is fixed. I was using wrong cable to connect MA2 to PC. You need to use the USB cable used for charging the Controller. Might have to use a USB hub to adapt. The update for MA2 took quite a long time to complete. DJI Chat tech help provided the answer to this problem. Good people...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmikebennett