DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 [Hawaii] Dear Surfers ~ a surf video of my home break

Reactions
Hi all, been lurking for sometime but thought it might be good to showcase some of the things we have shot.
This has become my break for the past few years - I love all the people out there and its fun to catch them surfing and having fun out there, so we made this compilation at the end of summer.

This is a husband-wife team, so sometimes there's shots of me when the timing works out.

Hope you guys enjoy.
This was shot on the Mavic Air 2, we just picked up the Mavic 3 and excited to see what it can do. Should have a big wave north shore day video coming soon.

Why does the woman in the orange bikini walk along the board? Others to but not to the extent that she did.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: HawaiiFromUpHigh
Very Nice!!! It was great watching the surfers from the drone's perpective! Thanks!

Very classic surfing! Long boards, sweet lines, not a lot of fluff. Hang five, hang ten, hang loose!

Missing da’ islands right now…

Hi all, been lurking for sometime but thought it might be good to showcase some of the things we have shot.
This has become my break for the past few years - I love all the people out there and its fun to catch them surfing and having fun out there, so we made this compilation at the end of summer.

This is a husband-wife team, so sometimes there's shots of me when the timing works out.

Hope you guys enjoy.
This was shot on the Mavic Air 2, we just picked up the Mavic 3 and excited to see what it can do. Should have a big wave north shore day video coming soon.

Fantastic memories to look back on later in life. Great shots with the Air 2. Extra special. Thanks for posting. 👍😎🇳🇿

Very nice. My wife and I will be on the Big Island for two weeks in May at Hapuna Beach. I plan to take my Air 2S to see what I can get while we're there. I already checked and there's one small monument area that's no-fly, but everything else is wide open.

Very nice. My wife and I will be on the Big Island for two weeks in May at Hapuna Beach. I plan to take my Air 2S to see what I can get while we're there. I already checked and there's one small monument area that's no-fly, but everything else is wide open.
Actually Hapuna Beach is a State Park, drone flights NOT permitted. I was informed by a park employee after I made the google maps shot below. However you should be able to take-off at the end of the beach in front of the Hāpuna Beach Residences. This area is not in the park.

Hope you guys enjoy.

Nice video, visited there many times in my youth, now prefer the Big Island. Subbed to your channel.
Here is one of my Hawaii videos shot near the Outrigger.

Actually Hapuna Beach is a State Park, drone flights NOT permitted. I was informed by a park employee after I made the google maps shot below. However you should be able to take-off at the end of the beach in front of the Hāpuna Beach Residences. This area is not in the park.
Thanks Hummingbird. When I said Hapuna Beach I was talking about the resort next to the park. I won't be flying from the park, but on the outskirts of the resort as I don't want to bother anyone. Plus, we'll drive to remote locations for other shots.

Beautiful reef break. Fun watching all those long boards. Some of the old Florida boys would enjoy that.

I grew up a military brat and did my high school yrs on Oahu. It was great to watch you video it brought back a lot of memories of cutting school to hit the waves. Thanks for the video

Very Nice!!! It was great watching the surfers from the drone's perpective! Thanks!
Thank you for the comment. It can be pretty relaxing to watch
I grew up a military brat and did my high school yrs on Oahu. It was great to watch you video it brought back a lot of memories of cutting school to hit the waves. Thanks for the video
Thank you for the insight to your own past. Yes, surfing seems to be a timeless thing that connects people to fun happy memories

Why does the woman in the orange bikini walk along the board? Others to but not to the extent that she did.
So usually walking the board up to the nose is seen as a skillful move- doing it with grace and balance while being able to keep control and then shift back to the tail as the wave changes is a high mark of skill for longboarders.

There's two main styles - high performance and quick movements, speed and turns and then classic log style which usually is a single fin -is not as fast, not as agile but it's condusive to walking the board as the board is more stable.

I guess it's kind of like dancing with the wave. Everytime is different but there's always moments where style and skill intersect and look so cool and effortless.

There's some great log riders out here that I need to shoot for a profile sometime.

Fantastic memories to look back on later in life. Great shots with the Air 2. Extra special. Thanks for posting. 👍😎🇳🇿
I like the way you put it - memories... Hopefully our shoreline remains clean for generations to enjoy and this isn't looked at in a history class as "this is when the ocean was actually still alive"

Sad thing is old timers already say it's just night and day compared to when they were young boys surfing out here.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada