DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

HD and controller icons flashing

Vin829

Reactions
Lately I have been noticing my HD and controller icon flashing in the DJi go app. Each has 4 bars and the flashing comes and goes. Anyone else notice that or knows what it means?

Last edited:
Reactions: Slantnose79
I've had the same thing occasionally. I restart the app and it usually goes back to normal.

I've been told it's interference in the area. Had it today and went 2500 feet out with strong signal and no issues.

Sent from my SM-N920P using MavicPilots mobile app

Last edited:
I wonder if it's the controller detecting the RF interference rather than the drone itself? I was video'ing a sunset tonight and had the Mav at 160' but I was about 15' from my wifi router...hmmm...I'll be checking that out later.

DJI's explanation is that the blinking indicates that it's detecting interference, but that the interference is not something that will interfere with normal flight operations.

Lately I have been noticing my HD and controller icon flashing in the DJi go app. Each has 4 bars and the flashing comes and goes. Anyone else notice that or knows what it means?
what phone are u using?

DJI's explanation is that the blinking indicates that it's detecting interference, but that the interference is not something that will interfere with normal flight operations.
yes its i the manual but it appears to be some glitch with S7 and this indication.

yes its i the manual but it appears to be some glitch with S7 and this indication.
By glitch you mean that once you get the blinking, it seems to never go away until you restart the app? I've heard many people say that, and I don't think it's limited to the S7.

By glitch you mean that once you get the blinking, it seems to never go away until you restart the app? I've heard many people say that, and I don't think it's limited to the S7.
no that is the behaviour in all devices. By glitch i mean there seams to be allot of anecdotal information from S7 users that the flashing of the RC and/or HD happens in their devices too often (by saying that there is no info to quantify or validate this as a hard fact, but the reports from S7 users pop up too often and it happens to me as an S7 user, i got a long post about it on a similar thread with details and info) and when they use another device the problem does not appear again even if they fly in the same area.
ofcourse its all anecdotal so far.

I have a iPhone 7 and have seen both of my icons blink full bars at times too but it doesn't last long and then goes back to normal. If DJI says it is interference but won't mess with flight operations then why have it blink.

I have a iPhone 7 and have seen both of my icons blink full bars at times too but it doesn't last long and then goes back to normal. If DJI says it is interference but won't mess with flight operations then why have it blink.
this is interesting to read too. Thanks. On my S7 once it starts flashing never stops under any condition.

how about the others non S7 users does your flashing stops after exiting the interference area or after the RC autochannel selection switches to a less noisy 2.4Ghz carrier frequency or it keeps on flashing till u restart the RC and AC?

My ipad will blink for a bit then stop. Still uneasy about it

no that is the behaviour in all devices. By glitch i mean there seams to be allot of anecdotal information from S7 users that the flashing of the RC and/or HD happens in their devices too often (by saying that there is no info to quantify or validate this as a hard fact, but the reports from S7 users pop up too often and it happens to me as an S7 user, i got a long post about it on a similar thread with details and info) and when they use another device the problem does not appear again even if they fly in the same area.
ofcourse its all anecdotal so far.
Ah, I see. Well, as you've kind of suggested, I think it'll be really hard to collect concrete data on this. I think a lot of people wouldn't even notice the icons blinking in the first place, let alone notice every time it happens or for how long and in what conditions.

I do find it a bit of a pointless warning, anyway. Why bother to alert us of interference that won't interfere with anything? haha.

it has become a permanent thing for me now. even in places where before the RC symbol was not flashing it now does. could it be that i have to unlink and re link the Mavic to my controller?

It means you're losing signal due to interference momentarily. I see this on every flight since I got my Mavic. The icons blink for a couple of seconds and back to normal. Orientate towards your Mavic or gain altitude to regain signal LOS.

Last edited:
It means you're losing signal due to interference momentarily. Orientate towards your Mavic.

I am pointed right at it. I was only able to get 2k feet away from me and lost signal completely. Frustrating

It means you're losing signal due to interference momentarily. Orientate towards your Mavic.
i know that is what it means its in the manual but in my case i get it now on every flight even 40 meter from the drone at the places where i never had this issue before. this is a bug. need to know how to fix it.

Last edited:
FW 800 Nvidia Tablet, blinking Controller Icon every flight where I have some distance, i.e. over 1500 ft. Even with full bars.. Blinks, won't go away even if I fly in a 1500 ft radius around me. Residential or out in the country, just seems random. Makes me nervous that if something did happen, and I hadn't started to head back, DJI would say I didn't heed a warning and therefore pilot error no matter what happens. So... I always head back and land, shutdown and restart the controller. Icon resets and I take off again. Really cut into my flights.... that I have to abort and land.. restart..

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Allen25