DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hdmi field monitor

AnzacJack

Australian Defence Veteran
Reactions
My field monitor arrived today and it seems to be a nice bit of tech.

https://www.amazon.com.au/gp/product/B07NRLD1JH/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Not something I’ll use every time as it defeats the purpose of the smart controller all in one design, but if I have others that would like to see what I’m doing, or if I just feel like more screen real estate, this thing is very light and won’t take up much more room in the kit. I particularly like the fact you can plug a mouse (I use a trackball in my RPAS kits)into the smart controller to use with djigo. I can see this being a very handy setting waypoints etc in the mission planning.
98DC110D-7C58-45B8-BD3B-0E1B59776930.jpegAD4EB2AD-54C0-4707-8973-A425B1FDCB08.jpeg

Nice Does it work with battery power do you need to plug it in with a power supply

Looks good, what mount will you use it with for your smart controller?

We have ordered the new Thor mount for a similar set up.

We had hoped to use our crystal sky monitor, but as we know they don’t support hdmi in.

So we will have to look at another monitor, we like the look for the Atomos Ninja,,as it has the ability to record 4K to SSD.

Also forgot to ask, does the mouse work with the smart controller directly, that’s not something we have tried yet, but would be good with the waypoints as you mention.

Does anyone know if there is a monitor similar in size to the one mentioned in this posts but that has the mirror capability so to cast from SC to the monitor?

That’s exactly what I’m going for too, now the problem for me is how big of a battery pack do I want to attach to my tripod.

So I retired that little monitor and built a new one over the weekend
E7CC204D-0A40-4DEE-981C-3A6FA2804E5C.jpeg

Flew batteries and the monitor still has plenty of charge. It can also be charged from car so ideal if away from base for extended time, but I doubt I’ll ever need to fly more than 8 missions without a charge.

My field monitor arrived today and it seems to be a nice bit of tech.

https://www.amazon.com.au/gp/product/B07NRLD1JH/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Not something I’ll use every time as it defeats the purpose of the smart controller all in one design, but if I have others that would like to see what I’m doing, or if I just feel like more screen real estate, this thing is very light and won’t take up much more room in the kit. I particularly like the fact you can plug a mouse (I use a trackball in my RPAS kits)into the smart controller to use with djigo. I can see this being a very handy setting waypoints etc in the mission planning.
View attachment 66851View attachment 66852
Brand since that link did not work, at least, not here the US.

15.6 Inch Portable Monitor, LAYOPO 1920x1080 FHD IPS LCD Monitor Type-C/Mini HDMI Extended Display with 3 Adapter Cables, HDR Display for PS4/PS3/Xbox

The problem with it was that I would not run without an external battery despite having an internal battery.

That's when I decided to put the 24" TV into a case with a portable power supply. A very happy with how it performed. I was a little concerned about brightness outside, but visibility was great. Ill still make a sun shade for it in the near future.

the FeelWorld 7" 4k (3840x2460) 2200nits field monitor seems to be the best option if you want to stay small, but my main use for the extra monitor is for observers to view. When in public, the ability for people to see what you see, and can see that you are not zooming in on their wives cleavage or on their kids playing, I have found people are far more relaxed

Last edited:
Reactions: ff22
15.6 Inch Portable Monitor, LAYOPO 1920x1080 FHD IPS LCD Monitor Type-C/Mini HDMI Extended Display with 3 Adapter Cables, HDR Display for PS4/PS3/Xbox

The problem with it was that I would not run without an external battery despite having an internal battery.

That's when I decided to put the 24" TV into a case with a portable power supply. A very happy with how it performed. I was a little concerned about brightness outside, but visibility was great. Ill still make a sun shade for it in the near future.

the FeelWorld 7" 4k (3840x2460) 2200nits field monitor seems to be the best option if you want to stay small, but my main use for the extra monitor is for observers to view. When in public, the ability for people to see what you see, and can see that you are not zooming in on their wives cleavage or on their kids playing, I have found people are far more relaxed
Do you find the RC lags when output HDMI is set to 4k?

Reactions: Southfork1
I use the Lilliput A7 as my external monitor, It is only a 7" but I use it to give to contractors to view while I'm doing inspections. Works the Smart Controller and Crystal Sky. It can use the standard Sony NP-F970 8800mah batteries and last quite a long time, I've had no issues being in the heat either.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure