DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

HDMI In Not Working :(

FPVJunkie

Reactions
Hmm, well it seems that I may have an issue with my DJI Goggles that I just received today.

No issues running it with my Mavic, but I was playing around trying to use the HDMI In with my iPhone 7S and my MacBook Pro.

I have an HDMI to Mini HDMI cable and thought that may have been the issue, so I went to Best Buy and purchased a new one. No joy. :(

I have an Apple HDMI to Lightning Cable, but no luck using that with my iPhone either.

I downgraded the FW, no luck. Upgraded, still no luck.

Dang, I was so looking forward to using them for this!!!

I have connected my goggles to a CVBS to a 12US$ HDMI converter for flying conventional FPV with my other drones and it worked out of the box. If the system is connected all together I just need to turn on the goggles and they will directly take the HDMI signal without any need for selection by menu. And both 760p and 1080p HDMI signals work.
So, in your caee, I would try connecting the goggles to a PC and try there. If still not working they might be defective.

Hmm, well it seems that I may have an issue with my DJI Goggles that I just received today.

No issues running it with my Mavic, but I was playing around trying to use the HDMI In with my iPhone 7S and my MacBook Pro.

I have an HDMI to Mini HDMI cable and thought that may have been the issue, so I went to Best Buy and purchased a new one. No joy. :(

I have an Apple HDMI to Lightning Cable, but no luck using that with my iPhone either.

I downgraded the FW, no luck. Upgraded, still no luck.

Dang, I was so looking forward to using them for this!!!

I can confirm that goggles do in fact would with the following setup: iPhone 7 Plus -> apple lighting to HDMI adapter -> full HDMI to full HDMI cable -> Full HDMI to Micro HDMI cable adapter -> DJI Goggles. I am able to view screen mirroring, Netflix and Tivo videos to play full screen.

Update:
Well it turns out it was the HDMI to MicroHDMI cable that was not working. I can confirm that Insignia brand (BestBuy) cables do not work.

I didn't realize the cable that was included was a Micro to HDMI. For some odd reason I thought it was USB to MicroHDMI (yeah, don't even think that's possible) lol. I used the supplied cable with my iPhone setup and it worked right away, no need to even click HDMI.

So relieved!!!

Update:
Well it turns out it was the HDMI to MicroHDMI cable that was not working. I can confirm that Insignia brand (BestBuy) cables do not work.

I just found out that as well. Does anyone know why? I would like a longer cord. Is there a cord that works?

Although connecting my iphone with Googles through lighting to hdmi works ok for all application except of playing Netfix where i have only audio but not video stream.
I am suspecting HDCP limitations....

Have any body try iphone / ipad connection lighting to HDMI any play successfully Netflix and if yes which adapter did you use?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka