DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

He broke his shoulder!

Phone lines, power lines and trees are like drone magnets.

Is that what Cloud City calls that part? I call them arm pins.

I found that on the M2, there are left and right arm pins. M2 L and R arent interchangeable like they are on the MP.
Yeah I was happy to see they had the correct one and it shipped in like 2 days!
If you have better parts for cheaper and faster shipping, however, I'm all ears!

Yeah I was happy to see they had the correct one and it shipped in like 2 days!
If you have better parts for cheaper and faster shipping, however, I'm all ears!

I do have them for cheaper, but since you already ordered that one, you should go with it.

If you need help with the install, let me know. I have already spilled blood a few times installing the hinge pins, so Im already baptised by fire.

I was just gonna wing it, yeah. Do you have a guide or something? Or what do you recommend?
I always take off the top body Otherwise it's very difficult to align the top of the pin to the middle shell. You have to see the metal part of the pin in the hole before you press the pin into place otherwise you might bend it.

I have to use 2 pairs of pliers to tension the pin before I push it all the way in. You can't really push it in until it's tensioned a little otherwise the end of the pin will scrape on the plastic middle shell. That's where my blood usually starts to flow. When I'm using 2 sets of pliers and my finger always gets pinched in one of them.

Once you have put tension on the spring and have cleared the sides of the middle frame with the ends of the pin then you can press the pin down into place with a Flathead screwdriver. Don't push the pin all the way in. Push it most of the way in but then flip the drone over and make sure that the top of the pin is going into the hole on the top of the frame. You can then push the rest of the pin and. I use a vise grips with one end on the bottom of the pin and the other end on the top of the middle frame.

Last edited:
I always take off the top body Otherwise it's very difficult to align the top of the pin to the middle shell. You have to see the metal part of the pin in the hole before you press the pin into place otherwise you might bend it.

I have to use 2 pairs of pliers to tension the pin before I push it all the way in. You can't really push it in until it's tensioned a little otherwise the end of the pin will scrape on the metal shell. That's where my blood usually starts to flow. When I'm using 2 sets of pliers and my finger always gets pinched in one of them.

Once you have put tension on the Spring and have cleared the sides of the middle frame with the ends of the pin then you can press the pin down into place with a Flathead screwdriver. Don't push the pin all the way in. Push it most of the way in but then flip the drone over and make sure that the top of the pin is going into the hole on the top of the frame. You can then push the rest of the pin and. I use a vise grips with one end on the bottom of the pin and the other end on the top of the middle frame.
****! Glad I asked... it seems a lot tougher than I imagined...

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum

I have to use 2 pairs of pliers to tension the pin before I push it all the way in. You can't really push it in until it's tensioned a little otherwise the end of the pin will scrape on the metal shell. That's where my blood usually starts to flow. When I'm using 2 sets of pliers and my finger always gets pinched in one of them.

Once you have put tension on the Spring and have cleared the sides of the middle frame with the ends of the pin then you can press the pin down into place with a Flathead screwdriver. Don't push the pin all the way in. Push it most of the way in but then flip the drone over and make sure that the top of the pin is going into the hole on the top of the frame. You can then push the rest of the pin and. I use a vise grips with one end on the bottom of the pin and the other end on the top of the middle frame.

Like I just posted on anther thread Thunder Drones are the best look this guy didn’t even buy the part from you and you are stepping up to help. To bad everyone worrying about price and not custermer service. I would pay extra to use your services. Great job!!!!

Like I just posted on anther thread Thunder Drones are the best look this guy didn’t even buy the part from you and you are stepping up to help. To bad everyone worrying about price and not custermer service. I would pay extra to use your services. Great job!!!!

I appreciate that. When Im old, will you pick a nice nursing home for me?

I have to use 2 pairs of pliers to tension the pin before I push it all the way in. You can't really push it in until it's tensioned a little otherwise the end of the pin will scrape on the plastic middle shell. That's where my blood usually starts to flow. When I'm using 2 sets of pliers and my finger always gets pinched in one of them.

Once you have put tension on the spring and have cleared the sides of the middle frame with the ends of the pin then you can press the pin down into place with a Flathead screwdriver. Don't push the pin all the way in. Push it most of the way in but then flip the drone over and make sure that the top of the pin is going into the hole on the top of the frame. You can then push the rest of the pin and. I use a vise grips with one end on the bottom of the pin and the other end on the top of the middle frame.
Whoah! That was somehow way easier than you made it sound...
I used the drones arm to move the pivot halfway until it was no longer causing tension and then I was able to install it through the arm and then the arm just fold it back into place with the proper tension...
Crazy!

Attachments

• 645296E7-20EC-4C5A-84B7-520E144FFFDF.jpeg
    645296E7-20EC-4C5A-84B7-520E144FFFDF.jpeg
    463.6 KB · Views: 64
Oh wow. So you didnt need to use pliers, screwdriver or squeeze the arm pin into place? You must have strong hands.

Make sure this gap is the same on the other arm:

View attachment 63495
Oh sorry, I meant to say that I used only one pair of pliers and the Mavic arm as leverage. Before I completely installed it I inserted the piece partially into the Mavic arm and use the pliers to twist it halfway until there was no more tension and then I installed it completely.

Oh sorry, I meant to say that I used only one pair of pliers and the Mavic arm as leverage. Before I completely installed it I inserted the piece partially into the Mavic arm and use the pliers to twist it halfway until there was no more tension and then I installed it completely.

Did you use your fingers to push the arm pin down? My fingers arent that strong to get the pin all the way through into the top hole.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
azod.nem