DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Head Tracking with Mavic Pro

Gryphon962

Reactions
Hi, I'm considering getting a set of dji goggles as one feature I think I need is lateral head tracking ie camera moves in yaw. I noticed on this video here
that the MP camera tracks left right in response to head movements; thats a surprise, as other apps and devices (Litchi, etc) dont seem to be able to get the camera to yaw - they make the MP yaw instead.

Can any of you confirm that the DJI Googles do in fact yaw the camera on the MP? Is the in-flight experience nice and immersive in that respect?

Thanks

Works great. Some times you have to reset it (just takes a few seconds). Great for looking around or "locking on" to buzzards, etc.

Reactions: Rattydude77
Works great. Some times you have to reset it (just takes a few seconds). Great for looking around or "locking on" to buzzards, etc.

That's cool. I'm currently using a cheap BNEXT VR Headset and Litchi. Litchi has an Immersive mode, which would ideally move the gimbal left right, but it doesn't, it yaws the ac. I guess I see a set of DJI Goggles in my future..!

Hi, I'm considering getting a set of dji goggles as one feature I think I need is lateral head tracking ie camera moves in yaw. I noticed on this video here
that the MP camera tracks left right in response to head movements; thats a surprise, as other apps and devices (Litchi, etc) dont seem to be able to get the camera to yaw - they make the MP yaw instead.

Can any of you confirm that the DJI Googles do in fact yaw the camera on the MP? Is the in-flight experience nice and immersive in that respect?

Thanks
The dji goggles have two different settings for head tracking, gimbal tracking which just moves the camera around with your head movements and I think the other one is called head tracking which will turn the aircraft the direction you turn your head, although not very quickly, so yes you can do it either way.

Reactions: Gryphon962
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronewithdeshaun