DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Heading to Scotland for 2 weeks.

MichWolverine

Reactions
In Aug. I will be heading to scotland for 2 weeks and would love to take my mavic pro with me to shoot some photos of the amazing landscapes and sites. Can anyone tell me what are some thing I need to do to be legal while there? The last thing I want to have happen is to break some law out of ignorance. Also can anyone share some of the laws for UAV flying in Scotland or the UK? Thank you so much!

It’s the same general rules for hobbyists-

No flying above 400ft.
No flying within 50m of person/building/vehicle/structure that you aren’t in command of.
No flying within 150m of a crowd or built-up area and no overflying.
Keep the drone in sight at all times.

Common sense really. Also if you’re doing it for commercial work you may need to have a chat with the CAA first to ensure you’re adequately qualified to their satisfaction.

Your main worries will be poor weather and midges, especially when the weather is suitable for flying.
Obviously most of the popular tourist haunts are not ideal places to fly, not least because too many people about, but it is easy to get away from crowds and find safe places with interesting subjects to record.
Just don't forget about the MIDGES, seriously you must have repellant and a net thing over your head is worth considering, especially along the West coast.

Reactions: doni55
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661