DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hears a look at the data which DJI said was pilot error! Not enough force/esc error over 1000 times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will Owsley

Reactions
Still unsure how to upload the specifics but you can clearly see my crash was due to more than pilot error. Which DJI stated!9DE60FEC-CC31-437F-9BA5-C107BDAF6661.jpeg9DE60FEC-CC31-437F-9BA5-C107BDAF6661.jpeg25EFAB8D-6A40-4DC4-A22A-C91C7FB8251B.png

I don't have a Mini and I'm a dummy...what does not enough force mean?

Reactions: GraGra
Still unsure how to upload the specifics but you can clearly see my crash was due to more than pilot error. Which DJI stated!
There's no need to make three four separate posts for the same issue.
It would be a lot less confusing to keep all the information in one of your earlier posts here:
Instructions were supplied there.
Ask there if you have further questions.

The not enough force message is a false alarm and almost certainly means nothing at all in relation to your incident.

Just post the link to the Airdata report rather than pictures ... but do it in the original thread please.

Last edited:
Multiple threads and you still haven’t worked out how to share the flight log???? You will kick yourself when you see how easy it is.....
Click the green share button and use the button at bottom of the page it opens to create a share link. Paste the share link in one of your threads.

Attachments

• 385C455A-EF5D-43DE-AC95-EAD75AA698E4.jpeg
    385C455A-EF5D-43DE-AC95-EAD75AA698E4.jpeg
    789.3 KB · Views: 66
Reactions: slup and Prismatic
Please share your flight log in your original thread as per instruction ...

Still unsure how to upload the specifics but you can clearly see my crash was due to more than pilot error. Which DJI stated!
I wonder if we'll ever get to see the flight data?
From your screenshot of the Airdata report, we can't see much at all and certainly no proof of anything.
It looks like the drone was flown to 3492 ft away at 320 ft altitude and RTH was initiated.
The drone came back as it is programmed to and began to autoland between 12:21 & 12:42.
But at 13:04 it was now 472 feet away from the home point.
To understand the loss of the drone, we need to know what happened after 12:21.
Airdata only gives a brief summary but what's needed is the actual data.
You've been offered a number of methods to post flight data.
If you want help understanding what actually happened, please post the flight data.

Reactions: WooZie
Just by doing some basic calculations + reading the manual it's pretty clear that the Mini struggled towards a headwind the whole way back on 320 feet altitude ... from were RTH was initiated until it descended it took 3 minutes sharp, the distance it traveled were 3191 feet ... equals to 5,4m/s average. That's a tad faster then C mode, it should have been 8m/s during RTH as a benchmark.

With all we have read so far about the Mini's not so good ability to push into the wind & weaker engines I'm not surprised over the number of "Not enough force" errors. Can't see anything yet that confirms the reason. But hey ... why leave the drone on 320 feet altitude struggling headwinds with all these errors hailing in?

But without the logs all stays speculative ...

I really wish people would understand that sharing logs is not a way to apportion blame in any situation, but rather is a way to try and fully understand exactly what happened - what exactly led to the incident.

This information is immensely beneficial to others in this community, as a learning tool, so that we will not enter similar situations, or indeed make similar mistakes (if any).

This can only make for a safer, more enjoyable flying experience.

Let's keep it all in the other thread.

****This thread is now CLOSED!! ****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scout Aerial