DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Heavy Blue Cast Air 2S Videos

Ron Fisher

Reactions
I flew my Air 2S for the first time in many months yesterday (due to the vicious winter we had). It performed very well except for one serious issue. While shooting a regular video the screen on my Smart Contoller showed a serious blue cast over the whole image being recorded. I tried different video settings but to no avail. When I downloaded the videos to my computer they still exhibited the blue cast. At first I thought it might just be a Smart Controller screen issue. Still photos are not affected by this phenomenon. Strangely enough, while shooting in quick shots that utilize video such as boomerang and helix, the problem does not occur either, it only occurs in regular manual videos.

Has anyone else experienced this and, if so, how did your correct it?

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Is it something to do with white balance ?
Very often brilliant white like snow comes out blue in such circumstances, but you don't say if there is anything particular like snow in the shots concerned.

Not sure if you tried other settings for white balance besides auto (or other that might be set).

Also not sure why it would only be in regular video shot, and not in stills or the quickshots you mentioned.

You might try adjusting white balance holding the drone and pointing it outside at a similar scene, see if it makes a difference.

Is it something to do with white balance ?
Very often brilliant white like snow comes out blue in such circumstances, but you don't say if there is anything particular like snow in the shots concerned.

Not sure if you tried other settings for white balance besides auto (or other that might be set).

Also not sure why it would only be in regular video shot, and not in stills or the quickshots you mentioned.

You might try adjusting white balance holding the drone and pointing it outside at a similar scene, see if it makes a difference.
Thanks. Colour balance was set to 3,200K. I powered it up at home tonight and lo and behold it seems to have fixed itself. Very strange. Also tried it with auto colour balance and it's now working properly. It must have been cranky after being woken up from a long winter nap ;-)

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
Thanks. Colour balance was set to 3,200K. I powered it up at home tonight and lo and behold it seems to have fixed itself. Very strange. Also tried it with auto colour balance and it's now working properly. It must have been cranky after being woken up from a long winter nap ;-)

Good to hear, enjoy the Spring months ahead and plenty of flying.

I flew my Air 2S for the first time in many months yesterday (due to the vicious winter we had). It performed very well except for one serious issue. While shooting a regular video the screen on my Smart Contoller showed a serious blue cast over the whole image being recorded. I tried different video settings but to no avail. When I downloaded the videos to my computer they still exhibited the blue cast. At first I thought it might just be a Smart Controller screen issue. Still photos are not affected by this phenomenon. Strangely enough, while shooting in quick shots that utilize video such as boomerang and helix, the problem does not occur either, it only occurs in regular manual videos.

Has anyone else experienced this and, if so, how did your correct it?

Thanks in advance for your feedback.
I just have the same issue. How did you fix it?

I just have the same issue. How did you fix it?
Use the correct white balance setting.
Images that are too yellow or too blue are a result of incorrect white balance for your lighting conditions.

Reactions: SoCal2S
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada