DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Heavy Payload halves flight time. Can you guess what Im upto?

You are inch away from droping this scrap on someones car or head and having very bad day
An inch? I dont plan on flying over people or expensive things. I went back and forth. Up and down with this rig and it seems to handle very well, but of course hard corrections will be kept to a minimum with this.

I haven’t the slightest idea of what you’re trying to do and have no idea what that is connected to your drone, and refuse to spend two seconds trying to figure it out. I am not the type who enjoys such ”guessing games.” However, you are free to let us know exactly what you’re trying to do.

SMH! A huge part of flying a drone is to fly responsibly! What I see here appears to be child’s play. Did you ever consider that while “just” going up and down and back and forth that possibly the extra weight could cause you to lose control and the drone fly off and cause injury or damage? No need to answer, it was rhetorical, and I already know the answer: No, you didn’t consider it.

Last edited:
how much does it weigh? looks like it would be okay if it meets DJI guidelines for a payload.

I won't wager a guess but I would love to know what you are up to. I am fairly sure the Mavic 3 can handle it.

Reactions: NG Wildman
I think the P4 or an older inspire is a better platform for extra payload. Mavics don't seem to do as well when carrying more than their base weight

Mmmm!

As was noted the Mavic is not the best choice for much of a payload I prefer the Inspire 2 or Yuneec H series however , the Mavic does fine if payload is below 500g and properly positioned. With 500g flight is reduced about 30% and the speed is greatly reduced not a big issue unless your flying a long distance.

I fly all the time with the triple mount we make. Yesterday I was comparing a GoPro MAX to a Insta360 x2 on top with two lights below. When you take off with this rig about 500g the payload algorrythm adjusts power to compensate and yes you do decrease filght time. The design keeps CG close to were it was originally which is why I went with 3 points to distribute weight . Having the rig hanging way down below creates a landing issue that requires extra skill. If you tilt a 3D camera like the Insta360 X2 in the horizontal plane the Mavic flips on nose at take off if not counterbalanced .

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 20
Did you know that Homeland has algorithms to notify them when drone payloads are being discussed?
Ya reckon their algorithms could tell us what that abomination is hanging below that poor mavic? The OP doesn't seem to be in a hurry to.

Reactions: IronSky1

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ehj147