DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Realistic flight time

AroundTheWorld

Reactions
Hello,

Even though we all know that DJI's advertised flight time for each of its drones is difficult to achieve in real-world flying conditions, could you tell me how much flight time do you usually get with the Mavic 3, Mavic 3 Classic and Mavic 3 Pro?

I'm interested to know:

1) Your maximum flight time under perfect temperature and wind conditions

2) Your average flight time

3) Your worst flight time under bad weather conditions I guess

From 100% to 15 % (More or less) and in normal mode

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
DJI's advertised flight times are helpful as it shows the differences across their entire drone lineup when flown in the same conditions. And those advertised times are of course the max possible flight times rather than the average flight times when flown across various weather conditions.

As for your request, are you looking for a realistic flight time when it's very cold outside, very warm, very windy, and/or calm? Without that weather information, the answers you get might not be very helpful.

Furthermore, are you looking for times where the battery starts at 100% and is nearly depleted?

DJI's advertised flight times are helpful as it shows the differences across their entire drone lineup when flown in the same conditions. And those advertised times are of course the max possible flight times rather than the average flight times when flown across various weather conditions.

As for your request, are you looking for a realistic flight time when it's very cold outside, very warm, very windy, and/or calm? Without that weather information, the answers you get might not be very helpful.

Furthermore, are you looking for times where the battery starts at 100% and is nearly depleted?
You are right. I updated my post to provide more informations regarding the nature of the datas I am looking for.

You are right. I updated my post to provide more informations regarding the nature of the datas I am looking for.
You still need to be far more specific.

Battery start could be at 100% or 96%, depending upon how long ago you fully charged the battery. You also cannot top off a 96% charged battery without first manually depleting it to 95% or below. See the manual for how long the battery stays fully charged at 100% before auto-discharging to 96% and how long it stays at 96% before auto-discharging to a storage state.

Additionally, the difference between 10% and 20% remaining battery is huge.

Combined with the 4% variance in the initial battery charge, that's a 14% difference before even considering wind, temperature, altitude, and mode and flight speed, all of which impact maximum flight time and maximum distance. Also the optimal flight speed for maximum flight time is different from the optimal flight speed for maximum distance.

All that being said, under ideal circumstances, from 100% battery to 5% remaining battery, flight times of up to 35 minutes are possible, while 32 minutes is realistic in Normal mode. However, if you are flying in Sport mode in high winds, your flight times could even be under 20 minutes. YMMV. LOL!

Don't remember the conditions but my longest flight was 31 minutes, 99% to 13%. My second longest flight was also 31 minutes, and also 99% to 13%. My third longest flight was 30 minutes, 100% to 13%. All 3 of those flights were while I was in Italy and the batteries were pretty much brand new at that point.

I still generally get 22-24 minutes from 100% to 20%, but usually I do two shorter 10 minute flights per battery instead.

You still need to be far more specific.

Battery start could be at 100% or 96%, depending upon how long ago you fully charged the battery. You also cannot top off a 96% charged battery without first manually depleting it to 95% or below. See the manual for how long the battery stays fully charged at 100% before auto-discharging to 96% and how long it stays at 96% before auto-discharging to a storage state.

Additionally, the difference between 10% and 20% remaining battery is huge.

Combined with the 4% variance in the initial battery charge, that's a 14% difference before even considering wind, temperature, altitude, and mode and flight speed, all of which impact maximum flight time and maximum distance. Also the optimal flight speed for maximum flight time is different from the optimal flight speed for maximum distance.

All that being said, under ideal circumstances, from 100% battery to 5% remaining battery, flight times of up to 35 minutes are possible, while 32 minutes is realistic in Normal mode. However, if you are flying in Sport mode in high winds, your flight times could even be under 20 minutes. YMMV. LOL!
Oh yeah I forgot to mention that the battery must be fully charged so let's say between 100% to around 15 % which seems to be a value around which the most of us land. (It can be more or less than that but then it should be notified in comment). The drone must be flown in normal mode.

Don't remember the conditions but my longest flight was 31 minutes, 99% to 13%. My second longest flight was also 31 minutes, and also 99% to 13%. My third longest flight was 30 minutes, 100% to 13%. All 3 of those flights were while I was in Italy and the batteries were pretty much brand new at that point.

I still generally get 22-24 minutes from 100% to 20%, but usually I do two shorter 10 minute flights per battery instead.
That's almost what I got too. 30 minutes from 100% to 15% with a new battery (First cycle).Which model of the Mavic 3 do you own?

That's almost what I got too. 30 minutes from 100% to 15% with a new battery (First cycle).Which model of the Mavic 3 do you own?
If you decrease each of my flight time estimates above by 10% to accommodate for only going to 15% instead of 5% battery, it will be in the ballpark of realistic. I own both the Mavic 3 and the Mavic 3 Pro. Mavic 3 Pro gets about a minute or two less than the Mavic 3 under the same conditions.

If you decrease each of my flight time estimates above by 10% to accommodate for only going to 15% instead of 5% battery, it will be in the ballpark of realistic. I own both the Mavic 3 and the Mavic 3 Pro. Mavic 3 Pro gets about a minute or two less than the Mavic 3 under the same conditions.
Interesting. The difference is pretty marginal between both. Hopefully that the future Mavic 4 will be able to reach the 45 minutes mark

Hello,

Even though we all know that DJI's advertised flight time for each of its drones is difficult to achieve in real-world flying conditions, could you tell me how much flight time do you usually get with the Mavic 3, Mavic 3 Classic and Mavic 3 Pro?

I'm interested to know:

1) Your maximum flight time under perfect temperature and wind conditions

2) Your average flight time

3) Your worst flight time under bad weather conditions I guess

From 100% to 15 % (More or less) and in normal mode

Thanks in advance
I, for one (I have an M3) have never tried to push the time on my battery. I usually bring the M3 back a long time before 30% and switch in a new battery for the next flight.
1 and 2) My average flight time is 10 seconds, and I aim for about 3-4 seconds of video selected from that 10 seconds.

Last edited:

OG version with 2 cameras under real world conditions (wind, some use of sport mode, etc).

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deepdark