DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Helix quick shot Starting height

icesailr

Reactions
Will the helix quick shot start at any height the drone is at when you go to use it? Or do you have to be pretty low?

Welcome to the forum @icesailr! Helix will start at any height as long as you’re able to select your Point of Interest (green box) and ensure you’re high enough to not hit any obstacles.

Welcome to the forum! Helix will start at any height as long as you’re able to select your Point of Interest (green box) and ensure you’re high enough to not hit any obstacles.
Thank you very much for taking the time to reply. I've been building my knowledge thanks to this forum and of course numerous youtube videos. Today I finally realized
I could unlock restricted zones and after some back and forth learning from the web, was able to fly in an area that I thought was off-limits.

Reactions: pelagic_one
Will the helix quick shot start at any height the drone is at when you go to use it? Or do you have to be pretty low?

I may be mistaken but I thought I saw somewhere on this forum that a Quickshot had to be started above something like two meters. The video I saw might have been for the MA2 fly app.

Can someone confirm if there is a minimum starting height for the mini?

Today I finally realized I could unlock restricted zones and after some back and forth learning from the web, was able to fly in an area that I thought was off-limits.
You’ve achieved one of life’s small victories...congrats! I know the frustration of not being able to take off, so unlocking is still a delight to me. Keep in mind that sometimes, when you’re on the edge of an authorization zone, you’ll need to walk away from the zone a little to achieve an unlock.

Last edited:
Can someone confirm if there is a minimum starting height for the mini?
Two meters seems about right. Once you’re a little below that, you‘re initiating an auto-land. And unless you’re in an empty paved parking lot, the zone below two meters tends to have greater potential for obstacles (foliage, signage, people).

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada