DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello everybody, Steve from Ellesmere Port, newbie!

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . ?

Welcome Steve! Are you getting the Mavic Air, or Air 2?

You will also need to register yourself as a flyer & operator if you haven't already and unaware of that (Registering a drone or model aircraft | UK Civil Aviation Authority)

The DJI fly safe map can be located here - DJI - The World Leader in Camera Drones/Quadcopters for Aerial Photography - this will let you know of any restricted areas around you.
I have registered and paid the £9 yearly fee ?
Thanks for the link

Hi Steve, welcome from Chicago the Windy City. We were just talking about the RTH feature on these drones. Hope you have read your manual, the RTH feature is a very sophisticated feature. Reason I am mentioning this is because when I got my first drone, I saw the button on the controller. tapped it nothing happened. Was in a open field, fortunately for me, then started playing with it, my drone was up some 50 feet. I pressed the RTH home and it took off straight up, I had it go up 150 feet to clear houses and trees. Did not expect it to go up to 150 feet since it was only 50 feet in the air, before it came down again. Did not know what to do, was a newbie, point is good to know what is going to happen when pressing buttons. And, when trying new things, open field, no wires, no trees, no people, beginner mode, is a very good idea. We hope you find info here to help you with any issues you may have. Please check out Mavic Help and Mavic tips, let your fingers do the walking. Fly Safe and have fun.

My Mavic air fly more combo is getting delivered tomorrow, can anybody recommend any safe and legal places to fly in my area of Cheshire/Wirral (plus North Wales when covid 19 restrictions are lifted) thanks in advance guys and gals!
Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio USA! Enjoy your new Mavic Air, Fly safe and have fun!

My Mavic air fly more combo is getting delivered tomorrow, can anybody recommend any safe and legal places to fly in my area of Cheshire/Wirral (plus North Wales when covid 19 restrictions are lifted) thanks in advance guys and gals!
Hi Steve, I live in Northwich Cheshire, and have been flying on / off for 6 month, but due to lockdown this has been curtailed. National Trust are not keen for you to fly around any of their sites / castles, etc, but you can fly over the beaches, without any issues, so long as these are not "populated". Have you sat your licence yet, this is a necessity.

Welcome to the forum from the beautiful woods of Maine!
I strongly agree with Spitfire, hopefully you can find an open field that is clear on all sides for 400 ft to align with the VLOS requirement. Happy flying!

Reactions: SW_Drone_Guy
Welcome Steve from another Steve. I have found the best times to fly are also cited as the best times to film or photograph. The golden hour after Sunrise and one hour before Sunset. Far fewer people about and the air is usually calmer. The real beauty of compact DJI Drone ownership is you can stuff them in a backpack and walk to out of the way places. Happy flying.
Two essential Apps to have are UAV forcast and Air maps.

Hi, and welcome :)

Get the dronesafetymap app and use the web page Drone Safety Map | Altitude Angel to find out where you can't fly. The CAA have partnered with a company called Altitude Angel for this, and being the CAA it's the best one to use.

You also need to check any local restrictions. For example the National Trust will not allow you to take off, land or over fly their properties. They also seem to think they own the view too.

My advice is to avoid trees ' Very pretty and all, but them and drones don't mix :(

Welcome to the forum. You've got a lot of fun ahead of you!
Happy flying

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rejdmast