DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello feom Wisconsin, USA

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

I'm new to drones and want to ask that I'm planning on purchasing a Mavic Pro2 and was wondering do I have to register it with the FFA or who ever? Thank You in Advance!

Dave
KB8MCZ
Welcome to the forum from the deserts of Arizona! Enjoy.
Yes, all drones weighing more than 250gm must be FAA registered in the U.S... $5.00 and easy.
Do it here:
Also recommend you read the FULL online 70 page manual from DJI.... much better than the 4 pages in the box. Get it here:

Welcome to the forum! :)

I'm planning on purchasing a Mavic Pro2 and was wondering do I have to register it with the FFA or who ever?
If you're only flying as a hobbyist (just for fun), you need to register yourself here (under the Exception for Recreational Flyers) and attach your FAA registration number to an exterior surface on all of your drones. If you ever decide to fly for commercial purposes, you'll need to register each drone individually.

Reactions: Kb8mcz
That call sure sounds familiar for some reason. As the others said yes on the registration, it's simple, post it on the bird. I suggest also putting your info on it as well, just in case something were to happen.
KB9BYP

Reactions: Kb8mcz
KB9BYP Yes we have talked before. Lol 2 mtrs.
You use too or still do own a repeater in Appleton? I haven't been on the air in ten yrs.. In a apartment now and you know how that goes with antennas. Wanting to get a drone in the next month.

KB9BYP Yes we have talked before. Lol 2 mtrs.
You use too or still do own a repeater in Appleton? I haven't been on the air in ten yrs.. In a apartment now and you know how that goes with antennas. Wanting to get a drone in the next month.

Hi Dave, I think there's a way on the forum here to send a private message, but I can't find it. Anyway, send me an email please, my call @twc.com

Jeff

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sedmonds