DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from Bangalore, India

Devansh88

Reactions
Hi everyone!!!

I recently came across this forum and realized I have been missing out all this while! Everyone's super helpful and I hope to do my part :)

Bit of a rant, explaining what brought me here... I've been a DJI Mavic Mini owner for over a year now, and thanks to this pandemic I barely got to use it apart from a dozen odd hours of practice.

I had bought it to shoot cinematic footage of my travels, but recently the new laws passed in India do not certify DJI as airworthy, and nano drones to fly beyond line of sight AND 50 feet altitude. Not to mention, not being certified means there's a high probability of it being confiscated by customs on my way back.

Came here looking for answers, especially from fellow pilots in India who might be facing similar issues. Has anyone enrolled their mavic mini? Not even sure if its possible because the platform is not generating OTPs to sign up.

Thanks in advance and Happy flying!

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

Hi everyone!!!

I recently came across this forum and realized I have been missing out all this while! Everyone's super helpful and I hope to do my part :)

Bit of a rant, explaining what brought me here... I've been a DJI Mavic Mini owner for over a year now, and thanks to this pandemic I barely got to use it apart from a dozen odd hours of practice.

I had bought it to shoot cinematic footage of my travels, but recently the new laws passed in India do not certify DJI as airworthy, and nano drones to fly beyond line of sight AND 50 feet altitude. Not to mention, not being certified means there's a high probability of it being confiscated by customs on my way back.

Came here looking for answers, especially from fellow pilots in India who might be facing similar issues. Has anyone enrolled their mavic mini? Not even sure if its possible because the platform is not generating OTPs to sign up.

Thanks in advance and Happy flying!
Hi, I'm from Kolkata and have been flying my MM since 2019?. I've flown it upto 250 mtrs alt but now of course the 15mtr limit has kicked in. At some point 2020 registration became compulsory even for Nando's like MM and I got my OAN and DAN online. Don't remember the site n links though. Hope this helps.

Welcome to the forum. We look forward to your participation and your view of the world.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! ? Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Hi, I'm from Kolkata and have been flying my MM since 2019?. I've flown it upto 250 mtrs alt but now of course the 15mtr limit has kicked in. At some point 2020 registration became compulsory even for Nando's like MM and I got my OAN and DAN online. Don't remember the site n links though. Hope this helps.
Thanks for your response. I was able to enlist the drone finally.

Also update on my problem for those from India... I checked with the folks at Digital Sky, and found that if a nano drone has received an ETA from WPC, it's legal to own and thus be carried in India. Nano drones are exempt from import clearance.

Luckily, it had already received the ETA, so I should be able to travel with it

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hiinthesky