DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from California Delta

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum! :)

Hi All, new member here, commercial pilot, but I say dumb things sometimes. Call me on it. Would like to meet other pilots in the area. Flying Mavic 2 Pro, Phantom 4 Pro V2.0
Hello Gary....I grew up in the 50's, 60's and 70's on the Delta...Holland Tract, Franks Tract, Quimby Island, Montezuma slough, Rio Vista etc....I have such wonderful "Huck Finn" memories of those muddy waters. Last time I was there was 2004. Sadly, I discovered my "hideways" were now overrun now by TOO MANY IDIOT BOATERS! I now live in the paradise state of Idaho. You should have some excellent photo shots of Delta life! Enjoy and welcome!

Reactions: FlyingGary
Welcome to the forum :)

If you've not already done so, it might be helpful if you go and add your LOCATION to your account. This helps when asking questions about location specific items (Rules & Regulations for instance).

Click >>>> HERE <<<< to go directly to your Account Details and add your location details in the Loc field.

Reactions: Thomas B
Hello Gary....I grew up in the 50's, 60's and 70's on the Delta...Holland Tract, Franks Tract, Quimby Island, Montezuma slough, Rio Vista etc....I have such wonderful "Huck Finn" memories of those muddy waters. Last time I was there was 2004. Sadly, I discovered my "hideways" were now overrun now by TOO MANY IDIOT BOATERS! I now live in the paradise state of Idaho. You should have some excellent photo shots of Delta life! Enjoy and welcome!
I know what you mean about the boaters. A lot of them have drones, too, but don't know how to use them I suspect we could make a killing diving the Delta and retrieving and salvaging the parts!

I just noticed you're in Idaho -- you officially have my envy.

Hi All, new member here, commercial pilot, but I say dumb things sometimes. Call me on it. Would like to meet other pilots in the area. Flying Mavic 2 Pro, Phantom 4 Pro V2.0
Welcome to the forum Gary,

I’m further south of the San Joaquin river, a lot of history on this river. Used to be Ferry boat running up and down Tulare lake and San Joaquin river, late 1800’s.

I fly the Mavic 2Pro, you’re probably a good 3-4 hour drive from me. Maybe in the future we can meet at an area of historical interest, use my drones for research.

Welcome aboard,
Paul

I fled California 20 years ago and never looked back! I see you are in Antioch....I grew up next to the Buchanan ranch on Buchanan road when the ranch was still a working cattle ranch and not destroyed by Seeno homes!
Not to mention all the illegal “rules” we have.

Not to mention all the illegal “rules” we have.
Spot on!....I had no idea how much of a Gestapo government California is until I moved to Idaho and experienced the actual freedoms of our Constitution. The politics of that state is a cancer and is destroying what was once a great state to grow up and raise a family in. I believe it's just a matter of time before the California politicians start attacking recreational drone owners and force draconian "drone control" on the law abiding! If the California politicians can't control every facet of your life, they want you out! California is not a "sanctuary" state...it's a PENITENTIARY state!

Welcome to the forum Gary,

I’m further south of the San Joaquin river, a lot of history on this river. Used to be Ferry boat running up and down Tulare lake and San Joaquin river, late 1800’s.

I fly the Mavic 2Pro, you’re probably a good 3-4 hour drive from me. Maybe in the future we can meet at an area of historical interest, use my drones for research.

Welcome aboard,
Paul
I believe the Ryer island ferry is still in operation outside Rio Vista. When I was a kid I used to take it in the fall to hunt pheasants and ducks on the island. Of course it's not like the ferry of the 1800's, but it's still a very unique operation and a fun road trip!

Spot on!....I had no idea how much of a Gestapo government California is until I moved to Idaho and experienced the actual freedoms of our Constitution. The politics of that state is a cancer and is destroying what was once a great state to grow up and raise a family in. I believe it's just a matter of time before the California politicians start attacking recreational drone owners and force draconian "drone control" on the law abiding! If the California politicians can't control every facet of your life, they want you out! California is not a "sanctuary" state...it's a PENITENTIARY state!
I’m planning a challenge to some of the rules but that’s a while away. I guess when you have such a huge population, you get a lot of bitching people, not to mention irresponsible people ruining it for everyone else.

I believe the Ryer island ferry is still in operation outside Rio Vista. When I was a kid I used to take it in the fall to hunt pheasants and ducks on the island. Of course it's not like the ferry of the 1800's, but it's still a very unique operation and a fun road trip!
It’s been closed for a while now. I think the island dock was damaged in a storm. It looks fine on the Rio Vista side.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charliesunique