DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from Dubai

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Mavic Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for
current developments in Mavic quadcopter’s. If you’re new to RC aircraft be sure to read the manual a few times and watch lots of Youtube videos on the subject to give yourself a good start.
Enjoy! Thumbswayup
*MAVIC MANUAL: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/mavic/20170418/Mavic+Pro+User+Manual_V1.6.pdf

Hey, welcome to the forum! I was in Dubai four years. I wish I had a drone when I was there. You are surrounded by great places to fly...the dunes around Al Ain, Palm Island, Jebel Hafeet, Sharjah beaches... I am envious. Your only concern should be keeping dust out of the motors and bearings. Enjoy flying!

Welcome to DronePilots newest forum :)

Welcome to the forum!
Mavic Pilots has a wealth of dedicated members.
Welcome to the community.:cool:

Hi everyone.

Looking for tips and fellow pilots to discover good locations to shoot.

I'm still a newbie, but I go to Qudra lakes, as you have enough space to maneuver and practice and some scenery as well

w8Yn2g.jpg

Hey guys,
Is anyone else really annoyed about the rules in Dubai? Does this mean that we cannot fly our Mavics anymore?

Hey guys,
Is anyone else really annoyed about the rules in Dubai? Does this mean that we cannot fly our Mavics anymore?

I really don't understand. With the new rules there is absolutely no way we can fly our camera fitted drones.

I took it to Oman recently at Jabal Akhdar. Everyone there was so cool about using it and absolutely no restrictions except for military areas. I really think they should stop selling the drones in UAE with these rules in place as it's not fair to the consumer who spends so much and can not fly them anywhere.

I really don't understand. With the new rules there is absolutely no way we can fly our camera fitted drones.

I took it to Oman recently at Jabal Akhdar. Everyone there was so cool about using it and absolutely no restrictions except for military areas. I really think they should stop selling the drones in UAE with these rules in place as it's not fair to the consumer who spends so much and can not fly them anywhere.

Exactly - i even asked the DJI salesman, and he said there were no issues as long as you did the course. Its a joke... I took mine around the palm on the weekend anyway. But really weary of taking it out now...

Reactions: Yan148

Just googled Jabal Akhdar - looks amazing - do you have any pics to share on here?

Yes this was before Summer, I think the heavy restrictions are mainly on the Commercial pilots.

LoL, I just had this discussion on another website. You have to register in advance. So, here's a few snippets from the law today straight off of the UAE GCAA (their FAA) web site:
  • All UAS/drones weighing 5kgs or less shall only be allowed to fly in the approved flying zone (i.e the green zone);
  • No video or image capturing devices shall be used when flying the UAS/drone;
  • No user shall fly the UAS/drones near public and/or private property;
There's a long list like this. And if you violate any of these, the penalty:

*A term of imprisonment not exceeding one year and a fine not exceeding fifty thousand Dirhams

Don't know what the "green zone" is. You can fly, but no video or photography, and according to this, no flying on public or private property. :eek:

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sedmonds