DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello From Florida

? Hi usrmesarge, from Indian Rocks Beach, FL. ?

See you’re another youngster to the group. A hobby for any age. What a view,...... from my chair!

Thank you for your service, us.army.sarge. ? we owe allot to our vets. Freedom
Although the Army has changed since my day. I'm thankful for those now serving that allowed me to retire out.

Greetings from St Augustine!

How is flying around St. Augustine? I'm in Central Florida and want to do some flying around St. Augustine, especially the fort and lighthouse, but I don't know if it's safe and/or allowed.

Reactions: mrjohnc1
Hello everyone,
For many years I used to fly R/C planes and I used to belong to a local radio club here in Sarasota, FL. Having been retired from flying planes for a few years, I have jumped into drones. After buying my Mavic Mini, I am surprised by the layers of regulations. I am reading and watching videos to research regulations that impose limitations on this hobby. The FAA regulations are very clear, but I am confused and concerned about the imposition of local regulations, especially where I am allowed to fly, or not. The few apps that I have don't show the local restrictions, only the FAA.
I am interested in joining anyone or group to fly together and learn more about this hobby in the Sarasota surrounding area. Thanks

Hello everyone,
For many years I used to fly R/C planes and I used to belong to a local radio club here in Sarasota, FL. Having been retired from flying planes for a few years, I have jumped into drones. After buying my Mavic Mini, I am surprised by the layers of regulations. I am reading and watching videos to research regulations that impose limitations on this hobby. The FAA regulations are very clear, but I am confused and concerned about the imposition of local regulations, especially where I am allowed to fly, or not. The few apps that I have don't show the local restrictions, only the FAA.
I am interested in joining anyone or group to fly together and learn more about this hobby in the Sarasota surrounding area. Thanks
I havent found that there are any local restrictions. Other than FAA limitations, I did find a NPRA site but cant seem to gain acesses (National Parks and Recreation Association with a lot of archives about drones in parks.) I fly at my local park havent had any problem there. Blackstone.

Welcome to the forum. You will find plenty of support and guidance. We look forward to seeing the view of your world.

Hello everyone,
B4UFLY

B4UFLY SRQ has a big flight control area. Wer are still able to fly with some restrictions. Just ask for authorization with in the restriced areas.I got approved to fly Lido Bridge area as it has restriction to 200 AGL and 400 AGL

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jack_0851