DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from Fort Collins, CO

Welcome to the forum from the outback of Australia. Sorry I can’t help you with safe areas in your region, but, I’m sure that someone on the forum can. Look forward to your input to the group.
Regards

Welcome. Probably not much flying the next few days, going to be stupid cold and snowy. Was at Top Golf in Thornton today and the temp dropped about 15 degrees in the 2 hours we were there.

As for practice, you could probably use a pull out around Horsetooth and get some footage/ pics of that area.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum! Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum! :)

Welcome.
There are lots of videos on YouTube to learn how to not make the mistakes others have made.
Watch battery charging videos to.
If you have a question ask it.
There's never a dumb question .
Do check out the trust FAA test.
It's required for the FAA.
Happy flying.

I'm a new pilot with a new Mini 2 in Northern Colorado. I'm hoping to find places to safely practice flying near me. And for now, will be using the Mini 2 recreationally to expand my nature/landscape photography hobby.
If you happen to be in Loveland during winter, you are allowed to fly in the recreational parks. Here is a snippet of the rules and allowed locations:

“Remote control (RC) motorized vehicles are not allowed; no drones (except for seasonal allowances at Barnes Park, Centennial Park, Fairgrounds Park, Loveland Sports Park, Mehaffey Park and North Lake Park). Please see the Parks and Recreation Unmanned Aerial Systems ("UAS") Policy.

Reactions: kanjigirl
Nice to have you. I'm down in Longmont. There are quite a few restrictions on drones being near the National Parks so just be careful about that. They are serious about no drones.

Welcome. Probably not much flying the next few days, going to be stupid cold and snowy. Was at Top Golf in Thornton today and the temp dropped about 15 degrees in the 2 hours we were there.

As for practice, you could probably use a pull out around Horsetooth and get some footage/ pics of that area.
Isn't Horsetooth off limits for drones?

Reactions: GFields
Welcome.
There are lots of videos on YouTube to learn how to not make the mistakes others have made.
Watch battery charging videos to.
If you have a question ask it.
There's never a dumb question .
Do check out the trust FAA test.
It's required for the FAA.
Happy flying.
The TRUST test is on my list for this week. Do I need it if I have a Part 107 license?

Last edited:
Reactions: GFields
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SK farming