DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from Germany

Welcome to the forum! :)

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
0rojyyg-png.95983

No, that’s my company’s name or kind of nickname... I live in Germany. :)

But I do know, there’s one or more cities with that name. In Canada also?

No, that’s my company’s name or kind of nickname... I live in Germany. :)

But I do know, there’s one or more cities with that name. In Canada also?
Greetings from Atlanta, Georgia. I was in Germany back in July but didn’t fly my drone because I don’t have a fireproof metal I.D. On any of my drones. It was a shame because driving across the country I saw so many beautiful locations.

Reactions: mnis
Do you have a fireproof ID now?
I would think any watchmaker can make an ID engraving on a small aluminum or silver plate. On the next trip you are a bit smarter. Thumbswayup

Last edited:
Do you have a fireproof ID now?
I would think any watchmaker can make an ID engraving on a small aluminum or silver plate. On the next trip you are a bit smarter. Thumbswayup
My trip was literally a spur of the moment thing. I’m a descendant of JS Bach and have always felt the need to visit the town my Grandfather immigrated from. Looking to spend Christmas this year with relatives in Northern Germany and will be better prepared to fly. How are the authorities with drone pilots? Have you had any issues?

My trip was literally a spur of the moment thing. I’m a descendant of JS Bach and have always felt the need to visit the town my Grandfather immigrated from. Looking to spend Christmas this year with relatives in Northern Germany and will be better prepared to fly. How are the authorities with drone pilots? Have you had any issues?
Mostly, flying is not considered negative here. Many interested and amazed people. Flying in rural areas and by the sea is the most pleasant thing. There have been no conflicts so far. But like everywhere else in the world, there are rules and regulations. For example, we are only allowed to fly from sunrise to sunsetting. No matter what altitude, we are not allowed to fly over inhabited areas. Although every private jet seems to fly over residential areas, we can not. The distance is limited to the natural sight of the human eye. But of course there is a current drone regulation in English: BMVI - New rules governing drones in force In addition to the attached directly to the aircraft ID badge is a proof of a private liability, as well as a valid identity card always to be carried by the pilot.

One good thing, in my opinion, is that we do not have to be more than 100 meters away from public facilities, residential areas, nature reserves, highways, power lines, hazard areas, etc. For airports, of course, other regulations apply.

Last edited:
While in Düsseldorf I launched it in my hotel room to see if GPS picked it up so I could get a German flag to appear on my flight records. No luck with that though.

So many beautiful areas and buildings that would produce amazing photos/videos the air.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000