DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

hello from Holland

I should have done more research and planned the trip to include some of those events.
We'll be in the Netherlands from this Saturday through Tuesday... fly out of Schiphol Wednesday morning.

I should have done more research and planned the trip to include some of those events.
We'll be in the Netherlands from this Saturday through Tuesday... fly out of Schiphol Wednesday morning.
next year it’s 75th year memorial of the Operation Market Garden with even more events.

I joined a Market Garden Battle tour in 2013. Unfortunately I didn't have a pocket sized drone like the Mavic back then. If I had I would have taken some shots for sure. I was howling a big camera bag with big lenses along instead. Left a deep and permanent impression, tremendous respect for those who gave their lives for our freedom and all who fought to liberate Europe.

Since I happen to live quite close to the area I can and will however visit those places again with my mavic. Great subject to film, beautiful scenery as well.

943598_519816984740312_1938665835_n.jpg

no but not too far away in Overloon:
Home - Oorlogsmuseum Overloon

Thank you soooo much for the heads-up about the museum!

The military museum in Overloon is one of the finest I've ever visited, including the National WWII Museum in New Orleans, LA. Surprisingly, our professional WWII guide wasn't aware of it until I told him.

Since most of the exhibits are inside, I didn't deploy the Mavic there, but did get pictures of the Nijmegen Bridge that the U.S. 82nd Airborne Division captured during operaDJI_0041.jpgIMG_1960.jpgIMG_1963.jpg

Reactions: JoostGT3 and vjslof
Hi Joris,

Welcome to the forum!

I think I might take advantage of the fact you have mentioned Groningen as your local area.

If you know Air Map app, maybe you know what "Accepts Digital Notice" in Groningen area mean? Is it necessary to get some online permit when wanting to fly e.g. over Bourtange village in the east?

Milos

Thanks again for your help before my trip to the Netherlands - it was a great experience.DJI_0020.jpgNijmegen, looking west at the railroad and new car/truck bridges.

DJI_0029.jpgThe bridge at Nijmegen, original captured intact by the U.S. 82nd Airborne Division

IMG_2012.jpg
IMG_2012.jpg
"A Bridge Too Far" - at Arnhem. British 1st Airborne Division's John Frost held this side for four days awaiting the British XXX Corps advance, which the Germans blocked and defeating Montgomery's MARKET-GARDEN plan.

Last edited:
Reactions: vjslof
glad you got to see the museum at Overloon too. Nice photo’s.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whathesaid