DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from Los Angeles

Bobbogee

Reactions
Hi, I have been interested in drones and UAV for a couple of years now, but haven't dipped my toe into the water yet! I will probably pull the trigger this week and submit my order.

For a while, I think that I have been under the grips of analysis paralysis. If I had to tally the number of hours spent watching YouTube vids I am sure it has to to be 200+ hours, starting with interest in the M2P, EVO 2 Pro and working through the list. There is so much amazing technology to consider, and it changes as fast as I can keep up. Plus TBH I haven't had a lot of time to engage in this, but as I get closer to retirement (I should have a couple of years ago).

One of the major drivers for my interest is because I am also very into photography and want to use it as a tool to provide that different perspective for landscape work. But at this point in time after looking at the pics from the photo finish of this competition, I have settled on the Mavic Air 2 over the Mavic 2 Pro. Here is my thought process:

First, the photographic flexibility of the M2P is certainly acknowledged, the overall image quality can be brilliant and the color science more flexible. However all of this comes at a significant cost over the MA2, the M2P is looking over its shoulder at the M3P (or equivalent) that is likely to be coming down the pipe in the next few months, and MA2 also has some relative advantages of its own.

I have decided at this time, the MA2's technology is "good enough" for me to get into this with only partially breaking the bank, and will provide me with a starting point to learn on. A year from now, or when the M3P arrival settles down, I will look again at upgrading to that and adding it to my squadron as it will likely have photo capabilities well beyond the current generation. In the meantime, I am going to order the Mavic Air 2 Fly More Kit with Smart Controller, and figuratively get off the pot. The controller will be a longer term investment I feel.

If anyone reads this, let me know if you see any deficiencies in my logic. Also, as I get more involved, I will be interested in meeting up with other flyers in SoCal / N. Los Angeles County that have similar interests.

Happy flying!

Hello from the Hoosier Heartland Bobbogee.

If anyone reads this, let me know if you see any deficiencies in my logic.

You did just fine doing the homework and you chose wisely my friend.

I pulled the trigger on a Spark fly more combo in 2017 after much research and I haven't been disappointed with it yet.

Still happily flying it today along with my Mavic Air 2 that I purchased in August of 2020.

I think you'll be pleased and welcome to the Forum. ?

Welcome to the forum!

With Mavics, it doesnt matter which you choose first...just that you get started already. Many MA2 owners will swear they’ve got the best Mavic in the line-up, so you’ve done well. We’ll all join you in reading the rumors of a Mavic 3, and watch the YouTube videos as the unboxing, first flight, accessory, and long distance tests take place.

Until then, enjoy flying and cycling through your batteries!

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching. ?

Hi, I have been interested in drones and UAV for a couple of years now, but haven't dipped my toe into the water yet! I will probably pull the trigger this week and submit my order.

For a while, I think that I have been under the grips of analysis paralysis. If I had to tally the number of hours spent watching YouTube vids I am sure it has to to be 200+ hours, starting with interest in the M2P, EVO 2 Pro and working through the list. There is so much amazing technology to consider, and it changes as fast as I can keep up. Plus TBH I haven't had a lot of time to engage in this, but as I get closer to retirement (I should have a couple of years ago).

One of the major drivers for my interest is because I am also very into photography and want to use it as a tool to provide that different perspective for landscape work. But at this point in time after looking at the pics from the photo finish of this competition, I have settled on the Mavic Air 2 over the Mavic 2 Pro. Here is my thought process:

First, the photographic flexibility of the M2P is certainly acknowledged, the overall image quality can be brilliant and the color science more flexible. However all of this comes at a significant cost over the MA2, the M2P is looking over its shoulder at the M3P (or equivalent) that is likely to be coming down the pipe in the next few months, and MA2 also has some relative advantages of its own.

I have decided at this time, the MA2's technology is "good enough" for me to get into this with only partially breaking the bank, and will provide me with a starting point to learn on. A year from now, or when the M3P arrival settles down, I will look again at upgrading to that and adding it to my squadron as it will likely have photo capabilities well beyond the current generation. In the meantime, I am going to order the Mavic Air 2 Fly More Kit with Smart Controller, and figuratively get off the pot. The controller will be a longer term investment I feel.

If anyone reads this, let me know if you see any deficiencies in my logic. Also, as I get more involved, I will be interested in meeting up with other flyers in SoCal / N. Los Angeles County that have similar interests.

Happy flying!
First off welcome to the forum, is sounds like your ready to get both feet wet. Lots of folks here ready to help out. Enjoy , stay and fly safe my friend.

Welcome to the forum! :)

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Happy flying!
Welcome to the forum from the beautiful mountains of Colorado! Happy and safe flying!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom