DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from Metro Detroit, MI USA

Welcome to the forum! :)

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Just picked upgraded from a phantom 3 to a Mavic Pro. Excited to get out this weekend, if the weather cooperates.
Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio! Enjoy your Mavic Pro, Fly safe and have fun!

Unfortunately, I will have to return this Mavic. I have been trying to do firmware updates since Friday Night. No Success. I have tried with DJI Go 4 App (using multiple iOS & Android Devices) numerous times. I have also tried with DJI Assistant 2 on Current Model Mac, Older Model Mac, Windows 10 Desktop, Windows 10 Laptop and Windows 7 laptop). I have tried to update to each of the different firmwares that are available to me on the DJI assistant 2. I have tried with multiple different USB, over wifi, and hardwired. It just fails every time at different percentage, but most commonly at 44%. Any other suggestions before I pack it back up and return it?

I found this on the DJI Forum from another user so it is not mine but maybe it might help you .

I have never had any luck updating with the controller app . Here is how I do it and it works every time :

1.) Open Dji assistant 2 on the computer & make sure it has internet connection .
2.) Start the Mavic controller and then the Mavic and let them connect . (remove the props for safety)
3.) Using the USB cable connect the controller to the computer . * See NOTES
4.) In Assistant 2 click on the "Mavic Controller" icon when it appears .
5.) After the program reads and list the current FW it will download any current updated FW file . Click on UPDATE , REFRESH or downgrade to an older FW as desired.

This will update the FW on the controller , Mavic and battery all at the same time .

Note : Due to the Mavic interfering with the computers WiFi signal you may have to leave the Mavic in another room and have the computer closest to the homes WiFi router . That's what I do all the time since the Mavic causes the internet to lose connection after the download has started .

Note : Insure Controller and Mavic has at least a 75% charge

Note : Use one or the other USB port on the controller and make sure the unused port is free of any connected plug .

I found this on the DJI Forum from another user so it is not mine but maybe it might help you .

I have never had any luck updating with the controller app . Here is how I do it and it works every time :

1.) Open Dji assistant 2 on the computer & make sure it has internet connection .
2.) Start the Mavic controller and then the Mavic and let them connect . (remove the props for safety)
3.) Using the USB cable connect the controller to the computer . * See NOTES
4.) In Assistant 2 click on the "Mavic Controller" icon when it appears .
5.) After the program reads and list the current FW it will download any current updated FW file . Click on UPDATE , REFRESH or downgrade to an older FW as desired.

This will update the FW on the controller , Mavic and battery all at the same time .

Note : Due to the Mavic interfering with the computers WiFi signal you may have to leave the Mavic in another room and have the computer closest to the homes WiFi router . That's what I do all the time since the Mavic causes the internet to lose connection after the download has started .

Note : Insure Controller and Mavic has at least a 75% charge

Note : Use one or the other USB port on the controller and make sure the unused port is free of any connected plug .
I did try this, multiple times after reading this on another site. Still no luck. I exchanged it and new one worked with no issue. Update went though on the 1st try....now to go fly it!

I did try this, multiple times after reading this on another site. Still no luck. I exchanged it and new one worked with no issue. Update went though on the 1st try....now to go fly it!

Great news! That first one must have just been a lemon, it happens.

Welcome to Mavicpilots.com. If you ever need advice or repair questions, feel free to reach out to the forum.

Best regards and good luck,

Rob
Thunderdrones

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d