DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from Metro Detroit, MI USA

Welcome to the forum! :)

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Just picked upgraded from a phantom 3 to a Mavic Pro. Excited to get out this weekend, if the weather cooperates.
Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio! Enjoy your Mavic Pro, Fly safe and have fun!

Unfortunately, I will have to return this Mavic. I have been trying to do firmware updates since Friday Night. No Success. I have tried with DJI Go 4 App (using multiple iOS & Android Devices) numerous times. I have also tried with DJI Assistant 2 on Current Model Mac, Older Model Mac, Windows 10 Desktop, Windows 10 Laptop and Windows 7 laptop). I have tried to update to each of the different firmwares that are available to me on the DJI assistant 2. I have tried with multiple different USB, over wifi, and hardwired. It just fails every time at different percentage, but most commonly at 44%. Any other suggestions before I pack it back up and return it?

I found this on the DJI Forum from another user so it is not mine but maybe it might help you .

I have never had any luck updating with the controller app . Here is how I do it and it works every time :

1.) Open Dji assistant 2 on the computer & make sure it has internet connection .
2.) Start the Mavic controller and then the Mavic and let them connect . (remove the props for safety)
3.) Using the USB cable connect the controller to the computer . * See NOTES
4.) In Assistant 2 click on the "Mavic Controller" icon when it appears .
5.) After the program reads and list the current FW it will download any current updated FW file . Click on UPDATE , REFRESH or downgrade to an older FW as desired.

This will update the FW on the controller , Mavic and battery all at the same time .

Note : Due to the Mavic interfering with the computers WiFi signal you may have to leave the Mavic in another room and have the computer closest to the homes WiFi router . That's what I do all the time since the Mavic causes the internet to lose connection after the download has started .

Note : Insure Controller and Mavic has at least a 75% charge

Note : Use one or the other USB port on the controller and make sure the unused port is free of any connected plug .

I found this on the DJI Forum from another user so it is not mine but maybe it might help you .

I have never had any luck updating with the controller app . Here is how I do it and it works every time :

1.) Open Dji assistant 2 on the computer & make sure it has internet connection .
2.) Start the Mavic controller and then the Mavic and let them connect . (remove the props for safety)
3.) Using the USB cable connect the controller to the computer . * See NOTES
4.) In Assistant 2 click on the "Mavic Controller" icon when it appears .
5.) After the program reads and list the current FW it will download any current updated FW file . Click on UPDATE , REFRESH or downgrade to an older FW as desired.

This will update the FW on the controller , Mavic and battery all at the same time .

Note : Due to the Mavic interfering with the computers WiFi signal you may have to leave the Mavic in another room and have the computer closest to the homes WiFi router . That's what I do all the time since the Mavic causes the internet to lose connection after the download has started .

Note : Insure Controller and Mavic has at least a 75% charge

Note : Use one or the other USB port on the controller and make sure the unused port is free of any connected plug .
I did try this, multiple times after reading this on another site. Still no luck. I exchanged it and new one worked with no issue. Update went though on the 1st try....now to go fly it!

I did try this, multiple times after reading this on another site. Still no luck. I exchanged it and new one worked with no issue. Update went though on the 1st try....now to go fly it!

Great news! That first one must have just been a lemon, it happens.

Welcome to Mavicpilots.com. If you ever need advice or repair questions, feel free to reach out to the forum.

Best regards and good luck,

Rob
Thunderdrones

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78