DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from Naples, Florida

RENESIS

Reactions
Greetings all,

I’m entirely new to drones! I just bought, activated and registered (with the Feds) a Mavic Pro.

Not new to aviation, though, I fly commercially for a living. It was after speaking to a passenger who carried aboard a very interesting looking hard-shell case (containing a Mavic Pro) and a subsequent exchange of emails that I got instantly hooked on this whole thing. So with the necessary permissions (wife etc) here I am, ready to fly.

Now I’m pretty cool with the regulatory aspect of flying but I appreciate I’m a complete novice from a UAV perspective so I’m counting counting on you - the experts - as and when my questions arise - and they will!

I’m planning on making the inaugural flight today having done all the required training including watching videos and reading posts here. Any last minute pieces of advice?

Excellent forum and I’m so excited about this!

Reactions: dirkclod
Reactions: Rzemog0013
Welcome to the forum, and you will love your Mavic Pro. You're ahead of the game with your piloting skills and understanding of the rules and regs.

Lived in Fort Myers many years and loved it, but am now in Arizona. Plenty of great places to fly in both states. Am a private pilot, but not a commercial pilot. Flying my Mavic is a lot of fun, and mine has been very reliable.

Greetings all,

I’m entirely new to drones! I just bought, activated and registered (with the Feds) a Mavic Pro.

Not new to aviation, though, I fly commercially for a living. It was after speaking to a passenger who carried aboard a very interesting looking hard-shell case (containing a Mavic Pro) and a subsequent exchange of emails that I got instantly hooked on this whole thing. So with the necessary permissions (wife etc) here I am, ready to fly.

Now I’m pretty cool with the regulatory aspect of flying but I appreciate I’m a complete novice from a UAV perspective so I’m counting counting on you - the experts - as and when my questions arise - and they will!

I’m planning on making the inaugural flight today having done all the required training including watching videos and reading posts here. Any last minute pieces of advice?

Excellent forum and I’m so excited about this!
Howdy from Wyoming @RENESIS , welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching :)

Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio! Enjoy your new Mavic and have a good maiden flight. Fly safe and have fun!

Good Morning, and thanks for the welcome messages!

Thanks for the useful links msinger, I’m reading through them today !

Melmartin, much as I like SW Florida, Arizona is absolutely stunning and would be awesome drone territory. Thanks!

Bunny Too, thanks and wow....Wyoming! Awesome place.

Dirkclod, much appreciated and thank you, so standby for questions!

AeroMirage, thanks and that’s awesome. I can honestly say my first flights yesterday were the most fun I’d had for absolutely ages. The Mavic was amazing, even the wife was speechless which doesn’t happen often!

Aerial-Pixel, hello and thanks!

Mossiback......three flights so far and no incidents yet!

Good Morning,
I'm Italian from Bologna
I'm a new owner of a Mavic pro i
I have a problem :The drone won't accept my new position and tell me that the Gps and weak signal
Even if it scores 15 satellites
What am I gonna do?
Am I wrong?
Rth and everything else works out fine
thanks

I have a problem :The drone won't accept my new position and tell me that the Gps and weak signal
Even if it scores 15 satellites
What am I gonna do?
What exactly are you doing? Are you trying to reset the home point to your current location?

The 15 satellite count is coming from the GPS receiver within your Mavic Pro. It's not an indication that your mobile device has a good GPS fix (which is required when setting the home point to your mobile device's current location). You'll either need to use a mobile device that contains an accurate GPS receiver or connect an external Bluetooth GPS receiver (like one of these) to your mobile device.

I have an iphone 7 plus, and I thought it was appropriate
So I need to upgrade my Device using Dji go 4 app

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Mavic Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Mavic quadcopters.
Enjoy! Thumbswayup

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS