DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from Olympia Washington

Rabid Machina

Reactions
UPDATE: My son just called me at work and told me a package marked with lithium battery inside arrived, so MP is at my house in 3 days time from clicking confirm on the order. Not bad coming from China.

Pulled the trigger yesterday morning on the Mavic Pro.
I have background with cheaper quads: My little mini my sister gave me as a gift for Christmas 2-3 years ago. then a cheap $100 Dromeda from the local hobby shop, then I bought my kids a 3DR Solo for Christmas, and now I ordered myself this Mavic.

Looking forward to trying out all the new features it will have to offer.

Bought a few accessories as well:
-2 Batteries
-Standard Charging Hub
-FStop Camera Hood
-SKYREAT Thumb Stick Stay/Screen Semi-Protector
-FSL Landing Gear Extenders
-RCStyle Signal Extender

Still on my to buy list is:
-DJI Care
-Motor Covers
-Alternate Drone Bag
-Filters
-Extra Propellers

Still on my list to fabricate:
-landing pad

Should have bought the fly more bundle but didn't.

Happy Flying!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: dirkclod
Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Mavic Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for
current developments in Mavic quadcopter’s. Read the manual a few times and watch lots of Youtube videos on the subject to give yourself a good start.
Enjoy! Thumbswayup

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

Welcome to DronePilots newest forum :)

Hi neighbor, I'm here in Lacey. I have P4 and Mavic

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Hello. I'm in Olympian as well and just purchased the Mavic. Fingers crossed it arrives Tuesday. I have a Blue Jay and look forward to the major upgrade. I'll keep an eye on the sky for Mavics!

Hey what's going on. Just looked at all my tracking info looks like it won't be here for a couple days.

I flew few times at Burfoot Park Beach and once at West Bay Park next to the lake with my P4 but not with Mavic yet.

Sent from my SGP771 using Tapatalk

Sweet deal thanks for the heads up on the locations I will check them out when the weather lets up in two weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

At West Bay Park, I only flew my P4 up north, away from Capitol Building. I was only able to reach just over 4000ft before I got weak video feeding then I brought it back.
My Mavic battery order from Amazon just shipped today. It will be delivered on Wednesday.

Sent from my SGP771 using Tapatalk

I usually head for the mountains but first I check to see it is not a game reserve or game protected area. State park or within five miles of an airfield. There is a lot of area out there.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

At West Bay Park, I only flew my P4 up north, away from Capitol Building. I was only able to reach just over 4000ft before I got weak video feeding then I brought it back.
My Mavic battery order from Amazon just shipped today. It will be delivered on Wednesday.

Thanks for that detail, I ordered mine directly from DJI and am still waiting for shipping info.

I usually head for the mountains but first I check to see it is not a game reserve or game protected area. State park or within five miles of an airfield. There is a lot of area out there.

I do have a few buddies that live in a few of the surrounding unincorporated areas. I may go out there and fly around a bit and check out the local wildlife.

Welcome to the Mavic pilots forum.

Thank you and everyone for the warm welcome.

It looks like today is the day I take the Mavic out for her maiden voyage. My youngest son just happened to get sick, so looks like I get to take a sick day to take care of him. After some chicken noodle soup and an elevated dose of airborne, I may end up taking her out for a bit to fly around.

When checking out wild life remember you can not fly in a wildlife reserve. There the department of fish and wildlife will fine you for harassing the wildlife.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Its not a reserve or national park. Just logging trails and private community with a few lakes. Used to live there when we first moved to this area. Makes for nice scenery.

I also don't plan on buzzing wildlife, just take it in from afar if they happen to be there.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redcircle