DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from Ontario

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forums - a lot of good info here. So, take a look around and hope you enjoy some of the fine photography and information posted by the members.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Welcome to our forum, from the friendly skies of Texas.

You'll find that the Mini almost flies itself. This can lead to overconfidence. Try to be conservative at first, and expand your horizons gradually. The Mini, at only 249 grams, doesn't handle wind as well as the heavier drones do. On windy days it's best to fly the Mini so that you have a tail wind on the way back.

Read your manual (links below), and practice using "Find My Drone" (DJI doesn't make it very easy). Chances are you'll crash and perhaps lose your drone. Don't wait 'til that happens to try to learn under less than ideal conditions.

We have over 100,000 members from around the world (including many in Eastern Canada) who will help you learn your new hobby. Ask for help when you need it. Share your work when you can!

Nous sommes heureux que vous nous rejoigniez!

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Mavic_Mini/20200212/Mavic_Mini_User_Manual_v1.0_FR.pdf

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Mavic_Mini/20200212/Mavic_Mini_User_Manual_v1.0_EN.pdf

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome.

Really appreciate the advice, Hauptmann. I have been flying about three weeks now, and have done more or less what you recommended (mostly from fear of losing the drone so soon after buying it!). I put the prop guards on and flew indoors at first, then outdoors for a week with the guards on.

I took the guards off, but still flew in open fields where I could find the drone if I crashed, gradually expanding my range and height, but nothing too adventurous. Even so, had a few scares when my RC disconnected from the phone in mid flight. And again when I got an ESC warning for prop overspeed. With the help of this forum I think I have sorted those two issues out. It was good they happened first with the drone nearby.

The fly out uowind and back downwind is excellent advice. I have had one wind strength warning (due to a gust I think). I have tried to avoid flying whenever it was windy, and mostly going out early morning and late evening when it is calmer, but it has been quite changeable here lately.

i hadn't thought of practicing the "Find My Drone". Great idea! That's my next lesson. Thanks!

Welcome to the forum. You will find plenty of support and assistance here in the forum. We look forward to seeing your part of the world.

Hi, First time drone owner with the Mavic Mini. Have to say I am already hooked. Already found this site an incredibly valuable resource as I learn about drone piloting and the Mini. Looking forward to contributing to this community.

Carlos
Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio USA! Enjoy your new Mavic Mini, Fly safe and have fun!

Reactions: Carlos56
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
suretybondprofessionals