DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from Phoenix

thethorns

Reactions
Hello to all. Very glad to be here. Newbie pilot. Lots for me to learn glad i found this site. Looking to buy my first drone. Would like to buy a Mavic Mini fly more combo. We live on a boat so space is at a premium. Would love to get some shots of our boat under sail.
Hope you are all staying safe and healthy.
Mark & Deb.

Welcome to the forums - a lot of good info here. So, take a look around and hope you enjoy some of the fine photography and information posted by the members.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . :)

Welcome! The forums here offer a great community with super information for all levels of drone operators. You will find plenty interesting things here to help you along your way as you progress through your dronesmanship!

Welcome to the forum. You will find plenty of support and assistance here in the forum. We look forward to seeing your part of the world.

Welcome to the forum from a fellow sailor!

I’m guessing you’re sailing in a Phoenix-area lake, so I’d recommend either having someone fly and capture images from a nearby shoreline, or at least dropping your mainsail prior to landing on the boat. With ideal sailing weather comes breezy Mini conditions, which have been problematic for new and veteran flyers.

Enjoy flying this weekend!

Welcome to our forum, from Hauptmann in Texas!

You'll find that the Mini is compact, a good performer, and has a good camera. It almost flies itself. At only 249 grams, doesn't handle wind as well as the heavier drones do. On windy days it's best to fly the Mini so that you have a tail wind on the way back. Read your manual, and practice using "Find My Drone". Chances are you'll crash and perhaps lose your drone. Don't wait 'til that happens to try to learn under less than ideal conditions. Flying from a boat is tricky. Drones don't react well to a pitching deck, or to sails! Be conservative at first, and expand your horizons gradually.

We have over 100,000 members from around the world who will help you learn your new hobby! Ask for help when you need it. Share your work when you can!

Glad to have you with us!

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup