DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from Portugal :)

PTmad

Reactions
Hey guys,

After owning and flying a couple of small birds (parrot mambo, parrot swing) i finally decided to get the real stuff and on my birthday i got myself a Dji Mavic 2 Pro :)

I haven't made any real flights with it yet as our legislation changed some months ago and is a bit tricky right now, i'm still reading a lot about my responsibilities and how to fly 100% legal and safe. I only made some small test flights, takeoff and landings in my backyard but i can already tell the drone is amazing :)
I'm also a bit scared because i don't know the drone fully and i'm afraid of making mistakes, so i've been searching for online forums were i can read about the most common mistakes and best practices and i feel like i found the right place here ^^

When i make my first real flights and image captures i will surely share them with you guys, but it might take a while because our government now requires we register all drones with more than 900g, but the platform to do so isn't ready yet lol... I also need a license to capture *ANY* aerial images enforced by a law of 1958 that makes absolutely no sense nowadays but i have no choice and will have to comply so i don't risk fines or have my bird arrested...

Hope i can get the legal matters sorted soon, until then i'll keep on reading and learning as much as i can.

Best Regards.

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .?

Reactions: PTmad
Welcome to the forum from upstate New York glad your taking the responsibilitys to learn what you need to do b4 you fly because people's choices effect the drone community no matter were you live other than that it's a great drone so enjoy.....

Hi Welcome, you live in a very beautiful part of the world, that could give us all some great Drone Videos and Photos. We seem to all be facing new rules and regulations. Canada, my home, just put in a new set as of June 1st. I had to get a Drone Pilots License and Register my Drone. Both were not that hard. The License was an online 35 Multiple Choice question online test, and the Registration was also online. The total cost for both was only $15 CDN so about 10 Euros. Hopefully yours is not much different.

Good Luck!

Welcome to the forum! :)

Hey guys,

After owning and flying a couple of small birds (parrot mambo, parrot swing) i finally decided to get the real stuff and on my birthday i got myself a Dji Mavic 2 Pro :)

I haven't made any real flights with it yet as our legislation changed some months ago and is a bit tricky right now, i'm still reading a lot about my responsibilities and how to fly 100% legal and safe. I only made some small test flights, takeoff and landings in my backyard but i can already tell the drone is amazing :)
I'm also a bit scared because i don't know the drone fully and i'm afraid of making mistakes, so i've been searching for online forums were i can read about the most common mistakes and best practices and i feel like i found the right place here ^^

When i make my first real flights and image captures i will surely share them with you guys, but it might take a while because our government now requires we register all drones with more than 900g, but the platform to do so isn't ready yet lol... I also need a license to capture *ANY* aerial images enforced by a law of 1958 that makes absolutely no sense nowadays but i have no choice and will have to comply so i don't risk fines or have my bird arrested...

Hope i can get the legal matters sorted soon, until then i'll keep on reading and learning as much as i can.

Best Regards.
Hello i am coming to Portugal this summer. I wonder if you have a link to general rules and regulations about drone flying.. I have a mavic air. Preferably in English if possible. Thanks and good luck

Hello i am coming to Portugal this summer. I wonder if you have a link to general rules and regulations about drone flying.. I have a mavic air. Preferably in English if possible. Thanks and good luck
Anac (National Authority of civil aviation) made a nice website where most of the laws and your obligations are described, unfortunately it seems it's only available in Portuguese language, but you should be able to understand the basics using a translator. the site is: Código Drone
From what i gathered so far, drone registration is not mandatory yet (but should be pretty soon if it weights more than 900g, you mavic air should not require it anyway), and you don't need Anac authorization to fly as long and you're not on a restricted area, you have day light, keep the altitude under 120m, always have VLOS to the drone and you don't fly over groups of people.
If you want to fly at night, BVLOS or at more than 120m altitude you need to request authorization to Anac always.

The biggest problem is that due to data privacy laws you can't capture or transmit ANY aerial images without authorization from AAN (National Aeronautic Authority). So if you fly with a camera drone you will have to request this autorization always. They have a digital platform to do so at https://backoffice.aan.pt/checklogin with english language and you can get authorization up to 60 days for free.

Also if you want to fly near the coast and beaches you will also need to inform the Nautical police / authority as they have regulation on those areas...

Hey guys,

Best Regards.
Hi. I was thinking of taking my M2P with me on my holiday to the Algarve but not sure I should now. I think I need to do some reserch before I go. Let me know if you have any info.

Many thanks.

Anac (National Authority of civil aviation) made a nice website where most of the laws and your obligations are described, unfortunately it seems it's only available in Portuguese language, but you should be able to understand the basics using a translator. the site is: Código Drone
From what i gathered so far, drone registration is not mandatory yet (but should be pretty soon if it weights more than 900g, you mavic air should not require it anyway), and you don't need Anac authorization to fly as long and you're not on a restricted area, you have day light, keep the altitude under 120m, always have VLOS to the drone and you don't fly over groups of people.
If you want to fly at night, BVLOS or at more than 120m altitude you need to request authorization to Anac always.

The biggest problem is that due to data privacy laws you can't capture or transmit ANY aerial images without authorization from AAN (National Aeronautic Authority). So if you fly with a camera drone you will have to request this autorization always. They have a digital platform to do so at https://backoffice.aan.pt/checklogin with english language and you can get authorization up to 60 days for free.

Also if you want to fly near the coast and beaches you will also need to inform the Nautical police / authority as they have regulation on those areas...
Many thanks for the info, I will have a look.

Hi. I was thinking of taking my M2P with me on my holiday to the Algarve but not sure I should now. I think I need to do some reserch before I go. Let me know if you have any info.

Many thanks.
Check my post above yours, has all the info and sites i gathered so far.

Thank you for the information about the websites to go on since it is helpful to me as I am going on vacation in Portugal in August and taking my Mavic Pro, congratulations on your new Mavic Pro 2 as I know you will not be disappointed, e bem vindo o MavicPilots. Obrigado

Hey guys, i finally got the licence to capture aerial imagens in my district so i finally was able to do some real flights and capture some pictures. The mavic2 has been working perfectly, i've been checking my logs after the flights and everything is working as expect. I'm amazed by how stable the drone and gimbal are, even in 35km/h winds the photos are great.

Attachments

• DJI_0051.jpg
    DJI_0051.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 5
  • DJI_0108.jpg
    DJI_0108.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 4
  • DJI_0094.jpg
    DJI_0094.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 5
Welcome to the forum :)

Hey guys,

Best Regards.
Welcome to MavicPilots from Dayton Ohio USA! Enjoy your new M2P, Fly safe and have fun!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78